0.13 alpha version

Herby Vojčík
In npm, there alpha versions of 0.13 amber pack (amber-cli and its dep
grunt-amber-init as well as amber itself). For those who want to try
projects in 0.13 early, just do:

(sudo) npm -g install amber-cli@~0.13.0

to get the alpha, and can create 0.13-compliant project by `amber init`.
To get amber-cli back to stable, just run the same line with 12 in place
of 13.

Herby

Re: 0.13 alpha version

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Herby Vojčík wrote
(sudo) npm -g install amber-cli@~0.13.0
While this worked on my dev machine, on my production server, I got the following errors. Any ideas?

npm ERR! error rolling back Error: Refusing to delete: /usr/bin/amber not in /usr/lib/node_modules/amber-cli
npm ERR! error rolling back     at clobberFail (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/gently-rm.js:57:12)
npm ERR! error rolling back     at next (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/gently-rm.js:43:14)
npm ERR! error rolling back     at /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/gently-rm.js:52:12
npm ERR! error rolling back     at Object.oncomplete (fs.js:107:15)
npm ERR! error rolling back  amber-cli@0.13.0-0 { [Error: Refusing to delete: /usr/bin/amber not in /usr/lib/node_modules/amber-cli] code: 'EEXIST', path: '/usr/bin/amber' }
npm ERR! Refusing to delete: /usr/bin/amber not in /usr/lib/node_modules/amber-cli
File exists: /usr/bin/amber
Move it away, and try again.

npm ERR! System Linux 3.8.0-29-generic
npm ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "-g" "install" "amber-cli@~0.13.0"
npm ERR! cwd /var/www/...
npm ERR! node -v v0.10.26
npm ERR! npm -v 1.4.3
npm ERR! path /usr/bin/amber
npm ERR! code EEXIST
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Additional logging details can be found in:
npm ERR!     /var/www/...
npm ERR! not ok code 0
Cheers,
Sean

Re: 0.13 alpha version

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
manually deleting /usr/bin/amber and amberc did the trick...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: 0.13 alpha version

Herby Vojčík
Why would you? This kind of hacking always brings problems...

Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> manually deleting /usr/bin/amber and amberc did the trick...
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: 0.13 alpha version

Herby Vojčík
Well, I don't know. I would just do things properly if possible and not hack. npm -g install, npm -g uninstall, if needed with sudo. Maybe you have 'amber' itself installed globally, from old times. Just sudo npm -g uninstall amber before doing anything with the current amber-cli.

If problems like this appear I would uninstall npm and node completely, removing all traces I find (/usr/lib/node_modules) and then just do things again.

Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Herby Vojčík wrote
>> (sudo) npm -g install amber-cli@~0.13.0
>
> While this worked on my dev machine, on my production server, I got the
> following errors. Any ideas?
>
> npm ERR! error rolling back Error: Refusing to delete: /usr/bin/amber not in
> /usr/lib/node_modules/amber-cli
> npm ERR! error rolling back     at clobberFail
> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/gently-rm.js:57:12)
> npm ERR! error rolling back     at next
> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/gently-rm.js:43:14)
> npm ERR! error rolling back
   at

> /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/gently-rm.js:52:12
> npm ERR! error rolling back     at Object.oncomplete (fs.js:107:15)
> npm ERR! error rolling back  amber-cli@0.13.0-0 { [Error: Refusing to
> delete: /usr/bin/amber not in /usr/lib/node_modules/amber-cli] code:
> 'EEXIST', path: '/usr/bin/amber' }
> npm ERR! Refusing to delete: /usr/bin/amber not in
> /usr/lib/node_modules/amber-cli
> File exists: /usr/bin/amber
> Move it away, and try again.
>
> npm ERR! System Linux 3.8.0-29-generic
> npm ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "-g" "install"
> "amber-cli@~0.13.0"
> npm ERR! cwd /var/www/...
> npm ERR! node -v v0.10.26
> npm ERR! npm -v 1.4.3
> npm ERR! path /usr/bin/amber
> npm ERR! code EEXIST
> npm ERR!
> npm ERR! Additional logging details can be found in:
> npm ERR!     /var/www/...
> npm ERR! not ok code 0
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: 0.13 alpha version

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Herby Vojčík wrote
Maybe you have 'amber' itself installed globally, from old times
That might be it. It's "working" now. If I have any more trouble I'll uninstall and reinstall. Thanks.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: 0.13 alpha version

Herby Vojčík
I published newest changes of amber and amber-cli as a 0.13 prerelease,
update if you use them (or try if not yet).

Herby