1.1b - workspace folder missing (OSX)

Ernest Micklei
After firing up the new beta, I was expecting it to create a workspace
folder such as ~/Documents/WebVelocity as it did in 1.0.
Should it be there or does wv1.1 want my custom parcels and autoload
scripts to be somewhere else?

--
^ Ernest Micklei

Re: 1.1b - workspace folder missing (OSX)

Michael Lucas-Smith-2
On 6/6/10 5:00 AM, Ernest Micklei wrote:
> After firing up the new beta, I was expecting it to create a workspace
> folder such as ~/Documents/WebVelocity as it did in 1.0.
> Should it be there or does wv1.1 want my custom parcels and autoload
> scripts to be somewhere else?

~/Library/Application Support/WebVelocity

We were shown the error of our ways that we shouldn't have put that
stuff in the Documents directory on OS X. If you disagree, please raise
your pitchfork and rant incoherently at us :)

Michael

Re: 1.1b - workspace folder missing (OSX)

Ernest Micklei
Thanks, no stabbing needed this time :-)

However, please consider introducing e.g. a command line startup
option by which you can specify what folder to use. That way I can
have a per-project workspace.  At the moment (1.0) I use separate
shell scripts that create a symbolic link to ~/Documents/WebVelocity
before starting WebVelocity.

^ Ernest