1.2.1 Windows no-no

LogiqueWerks
I just inspected the pharo  LNK file of my new

    C:\Pharo-1.2.1-CogOneClick.app

and it is set to start in

         "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\OneClick.app"

WRONG!

I am logged in as another user and not as Administrator ( which on XP
I only enter from Safe Mode )

Pharo might be okay using my

    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data

I have reset the LNK as starting in

     C:\Pharo-1.2.1-CogOneClick.app\Contents\Resources

and reset the TARGET to

  C:\Pharo-1.2.1-CogOneClick.app\Contents\Windows\Squeak.exe pharo.image

Some Windows users would not be amused to see this Administrator ...
as all too often spyware goes where it does not belong ... especially
on Corp desktops.

If we use an sh for Linux, why can't we use a simple BAT for Windows?

Or a README advising to set an  ini   file ?

What is worst above is that OneClick.app could be Squeak, Pharo and is
it  Pharo 1.1, 1.2 ...

Or am I mistaken/misguided/misinformed ?  3M  ( I was in Minnesota for
years ... )

Re: 1.2.1 Windows no-no

Benoit St-Jean
Robert, let's not forget Montreal!

So 4M !

 :)

-----------------
Benoit St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)

years ... )

Re: 1.2.1 Windows no-no

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Robert Shiplett <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just inspected the pharo  LNK file of my new

   C:\Pharo-1.2.1-CogOneClick.app

and it is set to start in

        "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\OneClick.app"

WRONG!

I am logged in as another user and not as Administrator ( which on XP
I only enter from Safe Mode )

Pharo might be okay using my

   C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data

I have reset the LNK as starting in

    C:\Pharo-1.2.1-CogOneClick.app\Contents\Resources

and reset the TARGET to

 C:\Pharo-1.2.1-CogOneClick.app\Contents\Windows\Squeak.exe pharo.image

Some Windows users would not be amused to see this Administrator ...
as all too often spyware goes where it does not belong ... especially
on Corp desktops.

Can you please submit an issue with that please?

Check these threads: http://forum.world.st/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=1294836&query=PharoOneClick+.lnk+file

If we use an sh for Linux, why can't we use a simple BAT for Windows?

Are you aware of the Windows installer ?

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com