1.2.1 might still have a problem

Andy Burnett
I ran npm update amber, and then did bower install.

Running amber with /helios.html results in the loading screen but nothing else. Javascript console shows an undefined in boot.js

Might be my setup, but it was working before the update - except for the problem with not being able to create new classes.

cheers
Andy

Re: 1.2.1 might still have a problem

Nicolas Petton
Hi!

I just tried with the following:

    cd my_project
    npm install amber
    cd node_modules/amber
    npm install
    bower install
    ./bin/amber serve

and everything works fine...

Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: 1.2.1 might still have a problem

Andy Burnett
OK, I have just tried to reproduce your steps, and I am stilling getting problems.
  1. I am using nitrous.io boxes with node already installed
  2. The 'normal' amber interface does work. But, new classes/packages that I create don't get reloaded when I refresh the page, despite the fact that they get written to disk.
  3. The Helios.html interface throws the undefined error.
Nitrous.io is proving to be a very quick way of testing this, and the accounts are free - if you want to try it yourself.

By the way, my Node & Unix knowledge are very limited, so my guess is that its something I am doing wrong.  However, I did get the 0.12.0 release to run, save and reload the classes, so perhaps there is a problem here.

Cheers
Andy

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: 1.2.1 might still have a problem

Herby Vojčík

New classes in existing packages or new packages? New packages must be added to loader manually. as explained in https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/wiki/Writing-my-first-app.

Re: 1.2.1 might still have a problem

Andy Burnett
You are quite right, I was looking for packages, and I had forgotten about the need to specifically include them.  Thanks for the link.

I will try setting up amber again, and see if I can work out why helios isn't working for me.