1.2 vision

Torsten Bergmann
Laurent wrote:
>+ More HelpSystem.

+1, we should continue to populate
"Pharo-Project-Help" package on squeaksource.com/HelpSystem
since it is used during the pharo-dev build. It should at least
point to the available online books, ...

And we should find the time to integrate Scamper.

>+ MetacelloRepository GUI, newbies struggle to find a package, must be e

+1

Stef wrote
>**Yes** I really want to come up with a pragma and to annotate tests to >populate the help.

I remember that we talked about this. Can you point me to the
thread in the archive?

Stef wrote
>We should also clean the package naming structure
>XXX

Either we get real packages or XXX will include anything
from #(XXX-Core, XXX-Test-Core,
XXX-Foo, XXX-Test-Foo)

I would also vote to alphabetize the class and method
categories before doing a release.

Germán wrote:
>disable programmer facilities (as was talked in the thread of some time ago)

I started with this, see ImageLocker-Core-tbn.1.mcz
in http://squeaksource.com/PharoGoodies/

Feel free to help here.

Bye
Torsten

Re: 1.2 vision

laurent laffont

>**Yes** I really want to come up with a pragma and to annotate tests to >populate the help.

I remember that we talked about this. Can you point me to the
thread in the archive?

Laurent

Germán wrote:
>disable programmer facilities (as was talked in the thread of some time ago)

I started with this, see ImageLocker-Core-tbn.1.mcz
in http://squeaksource.com/PharoGoodies/

Feel free to help here.

Bye
Torsten

Re: 1.2 vision

for me this one is the key one :)

testAbsoluteAuthority

>>       "self debug: #testAbsoluteAuthority"
>>
>>       <test: #URI about: 'absolute uri with authority' tag: #(network )>
>>
>>       | uri absoluteURIString |
>>       "An absolute URI with authority. An absolute URI starts with a scheme:"
>>       absoluteURIString := 'http://www.pharo-project.org'.
>>       uri := URI fromString: absoluteURIString.
>>       self assert: (uri asString = absoluteURIString).
>>       self assert: (uri isAbsolute).
>>       self assert: (uri authority asString = 'www.pharo-project.org').
>>       self deny: (uri isOpaque).
... [show rest of quote]

-> create an entry in the HelpSystem
        URI
                |> class comment of URI
                |> absolute uri with authority

                        testAbsoluteAuthority
                      "self debug: #testAbsoluteAuthority"
                      <test: #URI about: 'absolute uri with authority' tag: #(network )>

                      | uri absoluteURIString |
                      "An absolute URI with authority. An absolute URI starts with a scheme:"
                      absoluteURIString := 'http://www.pharo-project.org'.
                      uri := URI fromString: absoluteURIString.
                      self assert: (uri asString = absoluteURIString).
                      self assert: (uri isAbsolute).
                      self assert: (uri authority asString = 'www.pharo-project.org').
                      self deny: (uri isOpaque).

If there is a another test tagged with URI it should show up below

But may be we could do that based on setting because everything is there.

Re: 1.2 vision

garduino
2010/6/30 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:

> Germán wrote:
>>disable programmer facilities (as was talked in the thread of some time ago)
>
> I started with this, see ImageLocker-Core-tbn.1.mcz
> in http://squeaksource.com/PharoGoodies/
>
> Feel free to help here.

Thanks Torsten:

I will take a look soon, because next week I will make a deploy
on a production customer (Will be my first Pharo production deploy!).

Cheers.