10/05/17 - Advancing in Pharo Code Quality Support - Myroslava Romaniuk

10/05/17 - Advancing in Pharo Code Quality Support - Myroslava Romaniuk

Myroslava Romaniuk
A. Work done:
  • converted a new rule and updated my git repository
  • read chapters 5 and 6 of the 'Pharo by Example' book
  • started collaborating with my mentors using a Trello board

B. Next steps:
  • continue reading 'Pharo by Example'
  • update and convert more rules
  • watch more tutorials relating to my project (e.g. matchtool tutorial, etc)

C. Help required:
  • I'm seeing other Pharo members also struggling with the same error in iceberg (LGit_GIT_ERROR: error authenticating: failed connecting agent), Ben Coman suggested notifying the pharo-dev community. I know you're all really busy with the upcoming Pharo 6 release but since this bug is kind of pertinent to the new release I thought maybe I should report it on fogbugz? If yes, what priority, whom should I notify? P.S. for me it's the same error when downloading both the stable and the latest versions of the Pharo 6 VM. For now I'm still making do with the 60450 version but would really like to upgrade to a newer one and can't find the one that wouldn't cause any errors. I'm on Win 7 (64 bit). Would appreciate some advice or help with this
  • also if there's any advice regarding what I should read or look at that's connected to the work I'm doing on my GSoC project, that would be great

Re: 10/05/17 - Advancing in Pharo Code Quality Support - Myroslava Romaniuk

Uko2
At some point you should learn about pattern code and rewrite rules. And AFAIK the information is super limited. The is some info here: http://www.refactory.com/the-rewritetool. There are also nice in-Pharo help chapters “Refactoring Framework > RB Refactoring Engine” which explain matchers and so on. Don’t rush with this, first figure out how the other things work, but maybe someone can refer to more literature.

After you learn that, maybe you can write a few blogposts about “starting with pattern syntax and rewrite rules”.

Cheers.
Uko

  • also if there's any advice regarding what I should read or look at that's connected to the work I'm doing on my GSoC project, that would be great

Re: 10/05/17 - Advancing in Pharo Code Quality Support - Myroslava Romaniuk

CyrilFerlicot
Le 10/05/2017 à 21:14, Myroslava Romaniuk a écrit :

> A. Work done:
>
>   * converted a new rule and updated my git repository
>   * read chapters 5 and 6 of the 'Pharo by Example' book
>   * started collaborating with my mentors using a Trello board
>

> B. Next steps:
>
>   * continue reading 'Pharo by Example'
>   * update and convert more rules
>   * watch more tutorials relating to my project (e.g. matchtool
>     tutorial, etc)
>

> C. Help required:
>
>   * I'm seeing other Pharo members also struggling with the same error
>     in iceberg (LGit_GIT_ERROR: error authenticating: failed connecting
>     agent), Ben Coman suggested notifying the pharo-dev community. I
>     know you're all really busy with the upcoming Pharo 6 release but
>     since this bug is kind of pertinent to the new release I thought
>     maybe I should report it on fogbugz? If yes, what priority, whom
>     should I notify? P.S. for me it's the same error when downloading
>     both the stable and the latest versions of the Pharo 6 VM. For now
>     I'm still making do with the 60450 version but would really like to
>     upgrade to a newer one and can't find the one that wouldn't cause
>     any errors. I'm on Win 7 (64 bit). Would appreciate some advice or
>     help with this
Hello!

I can help for this one :)

SSH-agent is not working well on Windows. A workaround is to set the ssh
keys before using Iceberg.

To do so go to Settings -> Tools -> Software Configuration Management ->
Iceberg -> Use custom SSH keys

You need to check the box and to give the path of your ssh keys.

For example:

C:\Users\YourName\.ssh\id_rsa.pub

C:\Users\YourName\.ssh\id_rsa

If you don't have any SSH key, check here:
https://help.github.com/articles/connecting-to-github-with-ssh/

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: 10/05/17 - Advancing in Pharo Code Quality Support - Myroslava Romaniuk

Myroslava Romaniuk
Hey Cyril

Sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier. This fixed the problem I was battling for weeks. Thanks very much!

Myroslava

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr