10342: debbuger problems

Janko Mivšek
Hello Pharoers,

I have one halt in code, raising an exception but when I want to Debug
it, I got

        Error: Unable to debug a running process

in OTDebugger class:

  process: aProcess context: aContext errorWasInUIProcess: aBool
      | processNode contextNode |
      aProcess isSuspended
          ifFalse: [ self error: 'Unable to debug a running process.' ].

aProcess is a Process in OTToolset
class>>debug:context:label:contents:fullView:

My process with halt is otherwise a background SwazooConnenction process.

What is the reason for that?

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: 10342: debbuger problems

Dale
Janko,

Hmmm... what happens if you run '[ 3 halt ] fork'?

I remember that there was a little discussion about the correct implementation of #isSuspended ... In my (older) image #isSuspended is implemented as '^myList isNil' ... what's yours look like? My guess is that in your case myList might be an empty list ...

Dale

----- "Janko Mivšek" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hello Pharoers,
|
| I have one halt in code, raising an exception but when I want to Debug
| it, I got
|
| Error: Unable to debug a running process
|
| in OTDebugger class:
|
|   process: aProcess context: aContext errorWasInUIProcess: aBool
|       | processNode contextNode |
|       aProcess isSuspended
|           ifFalse: [ self error: 'Unable to debug a running process.'
| ].
|
| aProcess is a Process in OTToolset
| class>>debug:context:label:contents:fullView:
|
| My process with halt is otherwise a background SwazooConnenction
| process.
|
| What is the reason for that?
|
| Janko
|
| --
| Janko Mivšek
| AIDA/Web
| Smalltalk Web Application Server
| http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: 10342: debbuger problems

Janko Mivšek
Hi Dale,

Dale Henrichs pravi:

> Hmmm... what happens if you run '[ 3 halt ] fork'?

Similar problem, just elsewhere:

MNU #debuggerMap
ITClosureContextNode>>selection
 "Answer the indices in the source code for the method corresponding to
  the selected context's program counter value."

        self context isDead ifTrue:
                [^1 to: 0].
        debuggerMap ifNil:
                [debuggerMap := self method debuggerMap].

Janko

> I remember that there was a little discussion about the correct implementation of #isSuspended ... In my (older) image #isSuspended is implemented as '^myList isNil' ... what's yours look like? My guess is that in your case myList might be an empty list ...
>
> Dale
>
> ----- "Janko Mivšek" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> | Hello Pharoers,
> |
> | I have one halt in code, raising an exception but when I want to Debug
> | it, I got
> |
> | Error: Unable to debug a running process
> |
> | in OTDebugger class:
> |
> |   process: aProcess context: aContext errorWasInUIProcess: aBool
> |       | processNode contextNode |
> |       aProcess isSuspended
> |           ifFalse: [ self error: 'Unable to debug a running process.'
> | ].
> |
> | aProcess is a Process in OTToolset
> | class>>debug:context:label:contents:fullView:
> |
> | My process with halt is otherwise a background SwazooConnenction
> | process.
> |
> | What is the reason for that?
> |
> | Janko
> |
> | --
> | Janko Mivšek
> | AIDA/Web
> | Smalltalk Web Application Server
> | http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: 10342: debbuger problems

Dale
Looks like a newly introduced bug...Someone must have removed/changed the way the DebuggerMethodMap is handled (the debuggerMap was used to provide source offset information) ... HMMM?

Looks like you'll have to disable the OTDebugger until I get a chance to figure out what went wrong ... In OTToolSet class>>debug:context:label:contents:fullView: redirect to the super class implementation to get the old debugger, which presumably still works...

Dale

----- "Janko Mivšek" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hi Dale,
|
| Dale Henrichs pravi:
|
| > Hmmm... what happens if you run '[ 3 halt ] fork'?
|
| Similar problem, just elsewhere:
|
| MNU #debuggerMap
| ITClosureContextNode>>selection
|  "Answer the indices in the source code for the method corresponding
|   the selected context's program counter value."
|
| self context isDead ifTrue:
| [^1 to: 0].
| debuggerMap ifNil:
| [debuggerMap := self method debuggerMap].
|
| Janko
|
| > I remember that there was a little discussion about the correct
| implementation of #isSuspended ... In my (older) image #isSuspended is
| implemented as '^myList isNil' ... what's yours look like? My guess is
| that in your case myList might be an empty list ...
| >
| > Dale
| >
| > ----- "Janko Mivšek" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| >
| > | Hello Pharoers,
| > |
| > | I have one halt in code, raising an exception but when I want to
| Debug
| > | it, I got
| > |
| > | Error: Unable to debug a running process
| > |
| > | in OTDebugger class:
| > |
| > |   process: aProcess context: aContext errorWasInUIProcess: aBool
| > |       | processNode contextNode |
| > |       aProcess isSuspended
| > |           ifFalse: [ self error: 'Unable to debug a running
| process.'
| > | ].
| > |
| > | aProcess is a Process in OTToolset
| > | class>>debug:context:label:contents:fullView:
| > |
| > | My process with halt is otherwise a background SwazooConnenction
| > | process.
| > |
| > | What is the reason for that?
| > |