10394, pharo beeps on every SystemWindow open/close

10394, pharo beeps on every SystemWindow open/close

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks: This but is still happening to me. In only happens in Linux and with the core image. In this situation, I cannot use this image because every SystemWIndows I open or close, do a beep.
However, the Pharo dev image works ok for me.

The solution is very simple: Disable the preference:  "soundsEnabled"
The thing is that this is really annoying and there is a lot of people that it isn't aware of that. In addition, in Pharo, it is already disable by default.

Can this be change? I am sorry I don't know how to really fix it.

Best,

Mariano

Re: 10394, pharo beeps on every SystemWindow open/close

Damien Cassou
2009/8/20 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> Hi folks: This but is still happening to me. In only happens in Linux and
> with the core image. In this situation, I cannot use this image because
> every SystemWIndows I open or close, do a beep.
> However, the Pharo dev image works ok for me.
>
> The solution is very simple: Disable the preference:  "soundsEnabled"
> The thing is that this is really annoying and there is a lot of people that
> it isn't aware of that. In addition, in Pharo, it is already disable by
> default.
>
> Can this be change? I am sorry I don't know how to really fix it.

Please open a bug report with status 'Fixed' and tag Milestone-1.0.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/8/20 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> Hi folks: This but is still happening to me. In only happens in Linux and
> with the core image. In this situation, I cannot use this image because
> every SystemWIndows I open or close, do a beep.
> However, the Pharo dev image works ok for me.
>
> The solution is very simple: Disable the preference:  "soundsEnabled"
> The thing is that this is really annoying and there is a lot of people that
> it isn't aware of that. In addition, in Pharo, it is already disable by
> default.
>
> Can this be change? I am sorry I don't know how to really fix it.

Please open a bug report with status 'Fixed' and tag Milestone-1.0.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: 10394, pharo beeps on every SystemWindow open/close

Alexandre Bergel
Easy to remove the beeping attitude.
The class DummySoundSystem define the method beep. Empty its body and
enjoy the silence

Alexandre

On 20 Aug 2009, at 10:19, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi folks: This but is still happening to me. In only happens in
> Linux and with the core image. In this situation, I cannot use this
> image because every SystemWIndows I open or close, do a beep.
> However, the Pharo dev image works ok for me.
>
> The solution is very simple: Disable the preference:  "soundsEnabled"
> The thing is that this is really annoying and there is a lot of
> people that it isn't aware of that. In addition, in Pharo, it is
> already disable by default.
>
> Can this be change? I am sorry I don't know how to really fix it.
>
> Best,
>
> Mariano

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: 10394, pharo beeps on every SystemWindow open/close

Gary Chambers-4
Or, as I mention in http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1080

simply reselect your UITheme.

Best to do when new images are produced as a matter of course I'd say.

Regards, Gary

> The class DummySoundSystem define the method beep. Empty its body and
> enjoy the silence
>
> Alexandre
>

> On 20 Aug 2009, at 10:19, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
>> Hi folks: This but is still happening to me. In only happens in
>> Linux and with the core image. In this situation, I cannot use this
>> image because every SystemWIndows I open or close, do a beep.
>> However, the Pharo dev image works ok for me.
>>
>> The solution is very simple: Disable the preference:  "soundsEnabled"
>> The thing is that this is really annoying and there is a lot of
>> people that it isn't aware of that. In addition, in Pharo, it is
>> already disable by default.
>>
>> Can this be change? I am sorry I don't know how to really fix it.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Mariano

Re: 10394, pharo beeps on every SystemWindow open/close

Adrian Lienhard
Thanks, I will do that in the next update of Pharo-core.

Adrian