11834 Debugger <Restart> then <Over> does not step over

11834 Debugger <Restart> then <Over> does not step over

Ben Coman
Has anyone else noticed the different in behaviour between #haltOnce and
#halt. For example, evaluate the following....
    Halt enableHaltOnce.
    Transcript crShow: 1.
    self haltOnce.
    Transcript crShow: 2.
    self halt.
    Transcript crShow: 3.

When the Debugger appears, select Undefined>>DoIt in the stack,
then <Restart>, then step <Over> until the end of script.

I logged this case a while ago...
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/11834/Debugger-Restart-then-Over-does-not-step-over
but its not clear if there is a bug.

Any opinions?

cheers -ben

Re: 11834 Debugger <Restart> then <Over> does not step over

Ben Coman
Ben Coman wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed the different in behaviour between #haltOnce
> and #halt. For example, evaluate the following....
>    Halt enableHaltOnce.
>    Transcript crShow: 1.
>    self haltOnce.
>    Transcript crShow: 2.
>    self halt.
>    Transcript crShow: 3.
>
> When the Debugger appears, select Undefined>>DoIt in the stack,
> then <Restart>, then step <Over> until the end of script.
>
> I logged this case a while ago...
> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/11834/Debugger-Restart-then-Over-does-not-step-over
>
> but its not clear if there is a bug.
>
> Any opinions?
>
> cheers -ben

Max, Thanks for your comment on the Case.  I've moved to Pharo 4.
cheers -ben