16 - GoferReinitialize

laurent laffont
Today:  GoferReinitialize

Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
Rules:
#1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
#2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 16 - GoferReinitialize

laurent laffont
anyone ?

#1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
#2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
Laurent

Re: [COTDC] 16 - GoferReinitialize

Lukas Renggli
This is a private and internal class to Gofer. I am tempted to say
that it is therefor not supposed to have a comment. The single
reference to this class is the method #reinitialize of the public
Gofer API which is commented:

Gofer>>reinitialize
        "Calls the class side initializers on all package code."

        ^ self execute: GoferReinitialize

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [COTDC] 16 - GoferReinitialize

laurent laffont
Thanks Lukas. Then I propose:

I'm a private and internal class to Gofer. I'm a command used to call the class side initializers on all package code.

Laurent.

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [COTDC] 16 - GoferReinitialize

Lukas Renggli
There are 18 other classes in the same hierarchy that follow the exact
same pattern. I am not sure though if it makes sense to duplicate the
comment?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
There are 18 other classes in the same hierarchy that follow the exact
same pattern. I am not sure though if it makes sense to duplicate the
comment?

One way is to put a good comment in one class (GoferOperation ?)  then put the comment "See GoferOperation" in the 18 other classes.

I've seen in Gofer comment that there's twice:

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch