16-bit methods in widget kit's WkBgDLL16 class don't compile

16-bit methods in widget kit's WkBgDLL16 class don't compile

Wayne Johnston
Methods such as this no longer compile:

AllocDrawEnvPtr: arg1 with: arg2

<c16: pointer 'PG.DLL' :AllocDrawEnvPtr uint16 int16>
^self primitiveFailed

I guess the 'c16' is no longer legal as of 8.5?  Should the widget kit stuff be changed on Windows to not pick up that apparently obsolete class WkBgDLL16?

We noticed this because CmStatements>>#measure: fails to compile the method.

Re: 16-bit methods in widget kit's WkBgDLL16 class don't compile

John O'Keefe-3
Wayne -
You are correct -- 16-bit support is dead. PG.DLL has not been shipped with WK/BG for at least 5 years (as far back as I can conveniently look).
The WkBgDLL16 class, and references to it, will be removed for our next release.

John