1776 - IdeaSpace redraw problems

1 message Options

1776 - IdeaSpace redraw problems

Steve Alan Waring
Hi Andy and Blair,

In the release notes for issue 1776 you say you were unable to reproduce the
problem. I can't recall if I originally reported it, but I do see it
happening and can reproduce it.

This may be a non issue depending on what you have done with issue 1820. I
only see the redraw problem if the number of tab rows change, without a
change in the selected card, but because of a change in the length of one of
the tab labels.

To reproduce:

 1/ Open an Ideaspace. Open a package browser and 3-4 CHBs.
 2/ Resize the Ideaspace so that the tabs are just on a single row.
 3/ Go to the PB and select a package with a long name.

The PB tab label (at least in beta1) changes length and causes the tabs to
wrap to two rows, however the card container does not resize.

 4/ Switch to a CHB and switch back to the PB ... everything should now
redraw correctly.
 5/ Go to the PB and select multiple packages by clicking on "$".

Again the PB tab label changes length, causing the tabs to unwrap to one
row, without the container resizing .. and you see a white bar.

Personally, I hope this becomes a non issue. I would prefer to see the tab
label only name the card, and not change the label to show any selected
state within the card.

Steve
--
Steve Waring