2.9 alpha 4

Ramiro Diaz Trepat-2
Hi,
I wanted to install Seaside 2.9 to give it a try.
I got a Pharo dev image, and I downloaded the Monticello Configurations file from builder.seaside.st
This mcm failed during the installation process.
Then I tried the .cs and that one did install without problems, but when I access
I get a response from Kom, as if it were unrelated to Seaside.
Cheers

Re: 2.9 alpha 4

Philippe Marschall
2009/8/2 Ramiro Diaz Trepat <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
> I wanted to install Seaside 2.9 to give it a try.
> I got a Pharo dev image, and I downloaded the Monticello Configurations file
> from builder.seaside.st
> This mcm failed during the installation process.
> Then I tried the .cs and that one did install without problems, but when I
> access
> http://localhost:8080/seaside
> I get a response from Kom, as if it were unrelated to Seaside.
> Cheers

Can you be a bit more specific about the errors you encounter?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: 2.9 alpha 4

Ramiro Diaz Trepat-2
Thanks for replying Philippe, I got it working in the end.
I had to start the Seaside Control Panel and add the WAComancheAdaptor.  It seems that that last step is not performed but the installatoion .cs.
I can be more specific of course, but if you try it you will see what is going on.  In any case, here are the steps to reproduce:

Case 1:
1. Download the latest versoin of Pharo DEV
2. Download the Monticello Configurations file from builder.seaside.st
3. Open a Monticello browser and load it.
You will get an error during installation.  I didn't debug, I went and tried the script.

Case 2:
1. Download the latest version of Pharo DEV
2. Download the .cs scritp to install Seaside 2.9 from builder.seaside.st
3. Install it.
4. Execute:  WAKom startOn: 8080
5. Point your browser to:   http://localhost:8080/seaside
You will get an error from Kom.

On the same image, I successfuly loaded Seaside 2.9 using
ScriptLoader loadSeaside29
Then, the Seaside Control Panel opens and you can add the adaptor that is not added by default.
Since you can choose which server to use in the nifty tool provided in builder.seaside.st, I believe it would be good that the adapter for it is created after finishing the installation.
Cheers

r.

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/8/2 Ramiro Diaz Trepat <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
> I wanted to install Seaside 2.9 to give it a try.
> I got a Pharo dev image, and I downloaded the Monticello Configurations file
> from builder.seaside.st
> This mcm failed during the installation process.
> Then I tried the .cs and that one did install without problems, but when I
> access
> http://localhost:8080/seaside
> I get a response from Kom, as if it were unrelated to Seaside.
> Cheers

Can you be a bit more specific about the errors you encounter?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: 2.9 alpha 4

Philippe Marschall
2009/8/2 Ramiro Diaz Trepat <[hidden email]>:
> Thanks for replying Philippe, I got it working in the end.
> I had to start the Seaside Control Panel and add the WAComancheAdaptor.

Ah this bug, sorry about that, others have bumped into this before
you. It happens when you start Seaside with WAKom.

> It
> seems that that last step is not performed but the installatoion .cs.
> I can be more specific of course, but if you try it you will see what is
> going on.  In any case, here are the steps to reproduce:
> Case 1:
> 1. Download the latest versoin of Pharo DEV
> 2. Download the Monticello Configurations file from builder.seaside.st
> 3. Open a Monticello browser and load it.
> You will get an error during installation.  I didn't debug, I went and tried
> the script.
> Case 2:
> 1. Download the latest version of Pharo DEV
> 2. Download the .cs scritp to install Seaside 2.9 from builder.seaside.st
> 3. Install it.
> 4. Execute:  WAKom startOn: 8080
> 5. Point your browser to:   http://localhost:8080/seaside
> You will get an error from Kom.
>
> On the same image, I successfuly loaded Seaside 2.9 using
> ScriptLoader loadSeaside29
> Then, the Seaside Control Panel opens and you can add the adaptor that is
> not added by default.
> Since you can choose which server to use in the nifty tool provided in
> builder.seaside.st, I believe it would be good that the adapter for it is
> created after finishing the installation.

I opened a bug:

Cheers
Philippe