25th June meeting

francisco.j.garau

Hi Guys – next Monday is our monthly meeting, any plans for a presentation?

We’ve got a bit of an embarrassment last month as the usual room was not reserved – we should check that with the pub (or change the pub somewhere closer to Canary Wharf…)

Cheers,

Francisco

UKSTUG Meeting

When              Mon, 25 June, 18:30 – 21:30

Where             Counting House, 50 Cornhill, London EC3V 3PD (map)

more details»

copy to my calendar

http://www.uksmalltalk.org/

This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and completeness of information, viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and legal entity disclaimers, available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email.

RE: 25th June meeting

francisco.j.garau

Sure – it’d be nice to see that.

For next Monday, I’d like to see Frank’s Logic Programming Framework…

- Francisco

Re: 25th June meeting

Nick
I'm afraid I'm away this month - I've been compiling the VM though - so could show that next month.
Has anyone checked with the pub if you've still got the room?

On 18 June 2012 20:56, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm happy to talk about the bits and pieces I have. I've made some
progress, but it's far from being even vaguely useful. (I can see
looming ahead the need for compile-time transformations a la Lisp
macros! (And that's _less bad_ than what I'm doing at the moment, hard
as that sounds to believe.))

frank

On 18 June 2012 18:53, Garau, Francisco J
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sure – it’d be nice to see that.
>

> For next Monday, I’d like to see Frank’s Logic Programming Framework…
>

> - Francisco

Room is now sorted until the end of this year.

Nick: can I blog about you doing a VM demo on 30th July?

Frank: next meeting we’ll get the Club room – no projector there…

All -- any appetite to organize a full day session around October? (a Saturday?)… but where?

- Francisco

Re: 25th June meeting

Nick
Hi Francisco,

Thanks for sorting this out. Feel free to blog about my VM demo on 30th. Will we have a projector then?

Be great if we can move ahead on creating a meetup.com group. If cincom isn't interested in sponsoring us - perhaps we could all contribute to the annual fees - don't think it's that much

Cheers

Nick

On 19 June 2012 12:42, Garau, Francisco J <[hidden email]> wrote:

Room is now sorted until the end of this year.

Nick: can I blog about you doing a VM demo on 30th July?

Frank: next meeting we’ll get the Club room – no projector there…

All -- any appetite to organize a full day session around October? (a Saturday?)… but where?

- Francisco

Re: 25th June meeting

Jason Ayers
Re: 25th June meeting Nick,

We will sponsor however I have not had a chance to put the PR through the system. I will sort it out on Monday when I return to work and then we will have it in place for next month. See you on Monday night.

Best Regards, Jason

On 21/06/2012 08:21, "Nick Ager" <nick.ager@...> wrote:

Hi Francisco,

Thanks for sorting this out. Feel free to blog about my VM demo on 30th. Will we have a projector then?

Be great if we can move ahead on creating a meetup.com <http://meetup.com>  group. If cincom isn't interested in sponsoring us - perhaps we could all contribute to the annual fees - don't think it's that much

Cheers

Nick

On 18 June 2012 20:56, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar@...> wrote:
I'm happy to talk about the bits and pieces I have. I've made some
progress, but it's far from being even vaguely useful. (I can see
looming ahead the need for compile-time transformations a la Lisp
macros! (And that's _less bad_ than what I'm doing at the moment, hard
as that sounds to believe.))

frank

This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and completeness of information, viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and legal entity disclaimers, available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email.

Jason Ayers
EMEA Director
Cincom Smalltalk & Cincom ChannelStream

email:  jayers@...
phone: +44 1628 542300
mobile: +44 7976 052246
http://www.cincom.com/

This email and the information it contains  are a confidential and privileged communication for the sole use of the intended recipients. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this message and are not the intended recipient(s) please notify the sender by telephone or reply via email and destroy all copies of the original message. All offers are valid for 30 days unless stated otherwise and all terms are subject to contract.

July 30th Meeting is our first Meetup

Jason Ayers
July 30th Meeting is our first Meetup
We are very excited to announce the creation of the UK Smalltalk User Groups own Meetup group

http://www.meetup.com/UKSTUG/

And our first ever Meetup on 30th July:

http://www.meetup.com/UKSTUG/events/74688342/

We have decided to use Meetup because we want to raise the profile of the UK Smalltalk Users Group and increase participation. Meetup.com is very good at introducing meetups to people that have related interests.

You would help us to raise our profile if you just registered at http://Meetup.com, joined the UKSTUG group and lastly put a photo on your account. It makes a big difference if people can see who else is going to be going (and you are such a good looking bunch :)

Of course if you can come we would like you to register for the event on the 30th July!

Many thanks, Jason