3.0.0Beta2

otto
Hi,

Just fired up 3.0.0 Beta2. Have 2 issues so far.

Firstly, when starting up with bin/extent0.seaside.dbf, the Gofer
class does not understand #project, which does work in 2.4.4.3. I
looked at the installMaster{24,30}.topaz files and they both have
Gofer-Core-dkh.121.mcz. Does this imply that extent0.seaside.dbf have
not been built with this Gofer-Core version? I tried to log in with
gemtools, but the Pharo vm crashes without a trace when I log in. I
can dig around in the code with topaz...

Secondly, the installMaster30.topaz script refers to
patchMaster30.topaz, which is not in the .zip I downloaded from the
ftp site yesterday.

This makes me think that perhaps 3.0.0 beta2 is not quite intended to
be GLASS friendly yet?

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
Otto

Re: 3.0.0Beta2

Dale Henrichs
On 01/13/2011 12:36 AM, Otto Behrens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just fired up 3.0.0 Beta2. Have 2 issues so far.
>
> Firstly, when starting up with bin/extent0.seaside.dbf, the Gofer
> class does not understand #project, which does work in 2.4.4.3. I
> looked at the installMaster{24,30}.topaz files and they both have
> Gofer-Core-dkh.121.mcz. Does this imply that extent0.seaside.dbf have
> not been built with this Gofer-Core version? I tried to log in with
> gemtools, but the Pharo vm crashes without a trace when I log in. I
> can dig around in the code with topaz...
>
> Secondly, the installMaster30.topaz script refers to
> patchMaster30.topaz, which is not in the .zip I downloaded from the
> ftp site yesterday.
>
> This makes me think that perhaps 3.0.0 beta2 is not quite intended to
> be GLASS friendly yet?
>
> Please let me know what you think.
>
> Thanks
> Otto
Otto,

I meant to get back to you about that yesterday:( but got side tracked).

I have additional work to do for Seaside3.0 to get things working
comfortably in GemStone3.0  ... I'm trying to finish up a Metacello
release at the moment (at the stage of writing the blog post) and will
immediately jump on Seaside3.0 and GemStone3.0 after kicking Metacello
out the door ...

The patchMaster30.topaz _is_ currently used to build
extent0.seaside.dbf, it just isn't shipped with the product and there
are a few other scripts that are missing as well, but the big thing is
that there were a few recent changes in GemStone3.0 that appear to have
broken Seaside3.0 and I will have to sort them out before it makes sense
to try to use Seaside3.0 and GemStone3.0 ...

Sorry about that,

Dale