3.0.2.1 vs 3.0.3

Philippe Marschall
Hi

Given the amount of fixes we already have [1] and Dale is going to do
a release anyway I'd rather have it made official named 3.0.3 instead
of 3.0.2.1. These days making a release it pretty straight forward [2]
thanks to the Hudson of Lukas. The biggest thing is the Metacello
config which won't be a problem for you. And since you're paid to do
this I'd say you do the release Dale ;-)

 [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside303Changelog
 [2] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/MakeRelease

Cheers
Philippe

Re: 3.0.2.1 vs 3.0.3

Julian Fitzell-2
I haven't been following the traffic all weekend but I'm fully in
support of releasing often if there are significant fixes. Version
numbers are cheap (and the mental overhead of having long ones or
mismatching ones is not).

Julian

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Philippe Marschall
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Given the amount of fixes we already have [1] and Dale is going to do
> a release anyway I'd rather have it made official named 3.0.3 instead
> of 3.0.2.1. These days making a release it pretty straight forward [2]
> thanks to the Hudson of Lukas. The biggest thing is the Metacello
> config which won't be a problem for you. And since you're paid to do
> this I'd say you do the release Dale ;-)
>
>  [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside303Changelog
>  [2] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/MakeRelease
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

error uploading file

EstebanLM
I'm again with the basicNew: primitive failed when trying to upload a file... I tried to avoid the problem by using swazoo server, but that was not an option :(
This is the problem: I need to upload files (using "streamUploads" option of comanche adaptor), and that works fine in development, but not in production.
When running in production, I'm getting a primitive failed when trying to store a byte string, because it is receiving a -19 as a requested storage size.

I'm attaching a log with the debugger information I could get.

Also, this is the system information:
CPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3360 @ 2.83GHz
SO Linux, I can't say which version... looks like a suse, but I dunno.
Pharo 1.1.1 (core)
Seaside Loaded with ConfigurationOfSeaside30 version 3.0.2
VM Tried both: exuperi 0.15 and latest cogvm for unix

Thanks,
Esteban

report.log (29K) Download Attachment

Re: 3.0.2.1 vs 3.0.3

Dale Henrichs
Sounds like a plan!

I'll make my changes in 3.0.3 and release (following [2] steps) when I'm
done (soonly) ... /couldshould I include a fix for Issue 620 as well?

Dale
On 12/07/2010 12:27 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> Hi
>
> Given the amount of fixes we already have [1] and Dale is going to do
> a release anyway I'd rather have it made official named 3.0.3 instead
> of 3.0.2.1. These days making a release it pretty straight forward [2]
> thanks to the Hudson of Lukas. The biggest thing is the Metacello
> config which won't be a problem for you. And since you're paid to do
> this I'd say you do the release Dale ;-)
>
>   [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside303Changelog
>   [2] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/MakeRelease
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: 3.0.2.1 vs 3.0.3

Dale Henrichs
Oh,

BTW, I've got a Grease 1.0.2.1 release coming up with GemStone only
bugfixes...I assume that the version number should stay 1.0.2.1 (and I
could update the version in Grease as well...)

Or not...

Dale

On 12/07/2010 02:46 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Sounds like a plan!
>
> I'll make my changes in 3.0.3 and release (following [2] steps) when I'm
> done (soonly) ... /couldshould I include a fix for Issue 620 as well?
>
> Dale
> On 12/07/2010 12:27 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Given the amount of fixes we already have [1] and Dale is going to do
>> a release anyway I'd rather have it made official named 3.0.3 instead
>> of 3.0.2.1. These days making a release it pretty straight forward [2]
>> thanks to the Hudson of Lukas. The biggest thing is the Metacello
>> config which won't be a problem for you. And since you're paid to do
>> this I'd say you do the release Dale ;-)
>>
>>    [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside303Changelog
>>    [2] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/MakeRelease
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe

sorry, bad post (error uploading file)

EstebanLM
the post was for the other list, I'm sorry :(

Re: 3.0.2.1 vs 3.0.3

Philippe Marschall
2010/12/7 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
> Sounds like a plan!
>
> I'll make my changes in 3.0.3 and release (following [2] steps) when I'm
> done (soonly) ... /couldshould I include a fix for Issue 620 as well?

Sure, absolutely.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: 3.0.2.1 vs 3.0.3

Philippe Marschall
2010/12/7 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
> Oh,
>
> BTW, I've got a Grease 1.0.2.1 release coming up with GemStone only
> bugfixes...I assume that the version number should stay 1.0.2.1 (and I could
> update the version in Grease as well...)

I'd bump Grease to 1.0.3 as well.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: 3.0.2.1 vs 3.0.3

Julian Fitzell-2
Yes, I think for now it's simpler to keep them in sync. I'm totally
fine with them diverging if they continue to diverge as projects but
we'd then have to track which version we depend on for each Seaside
version. For now bumping the number just seems less confusing.

Julian

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 5:41 AM, Philippe Marschall
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2010/12/7 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
>> Oh,
>>
>> BTW, I've got a Grease 1.0.2.1 release coming up with GemStone only
>> bugfixes...I assume that the version number should stay 1.0.2.1 (and I could
>> update the version in Grease as well...)
>
> I'd bump Grease to 1.0.3 as well.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: 3.0.2.1 vs 3.0.3

Dale Henrichs
I was only using the minor minor(?) version to avoid getting ahead of
your plans. The configuration releases should certainly be synchronized
and now that I am somewhat caught up (only 9 months behind) I should be
able to stay in synch...

Dale