3.0.6 next try

Philippe Marschall
Hi

With all the changes from ESUG and the sprint in we have a really nice
collection [1]. I have only two open points. Lukas, could you clear
the package cache again? Some versions were moved out of the
repository and are still loaded by the build. Do we want to change the
one-click VM from the Cog to the Pharo VM? Apparently Pharo works best
only with a fork of the Cog VM that is still called Cog, can only be
found on the Jenkins and is not available on Windows.

 [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside306Changelog

Cheers
Philippe

Re: 3.0.6 next try

Lukas Renggli
> With all the changes from ESUG and the sprint in we have a really nice
> collection [1]. I have only two open points.

That looks like a great set of improvements!

> Lukas, could you clear
> the package cache again? Some versions were moved out of the
> repository and are still loaded by the build.

I've cleared the package-cache and it is is rebuilding the images now.

> Do we want to change the
> one-click VM from the Cog to the Pharo VM? Apparently Pharo works best
> only with a fork of the Cog VM that is still called Cog, can only be
> found on the Jenkins and is not available on Windows.

I am using Eliot's VMs, seems to work well.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: 3.0.6 next try

Dale Henrichs
Philippe,

I am just finishing up with some SS3 work and will shortly dig into getting the 3.0.6 stuff ported to GemStone and tested on Squeak...

Dale

| With all the changes from ESUG and the sprint in we have a really
| nice
| collection [1]. I have only two open points. Lukas, could you clear
| the package cache again? Some versions were moved out of the
| repository and are still loaded by the build. Do we want to change
| the
| one-click VM from the Cog to the Pharo VM? Apparently Pharo works
| best
| only with a fork of the Cog VM that is still called Cog, can only be
| found on the Jenkins and is not available on Windows.
|
|  [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside306Changelog
|
| Cheers
| Philippe

Re: 3.0.6 next try

Dale Henrichs
I've updated the configs. It looks like the version numbers for Grease and Seaside need to be updated (I'll do that shortly). I need to test the configs on the various platforms and port to GemStone...

Dale

| I am just finishing up with some SS3 work and will shortly dig into
| getting the 3.0.6 stuff ported to GemStone and tested on Squeak...
|
| Dale

| |
| | Hi
| |
| | With all the changes from ESUG and the sprint in we have a really
| | nice
| | collection [1]. I have only two open points. Lukas, could you clear
| | the package cache again? Some versions were moved out of the
| | repository and are still loaded by the build. Do we want to change
| | the
| | one-click VM from the Cog to the Pharo VM? Apparently Pharo works
| | best
| | only with a fork of the Cog VM that is still called Cog, can only
| | be
| | found on the Jenkins and is not available on Windows.
| |
| |  [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside306Changelog
| |
| | Cheers
| | Philippe

Re: 3.0.6 next try

Nick
Perhaps on Pharo 1.3 we should include the Zinc adaptor in default configuration

On 1 September 2011 23:45, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've updated the configs. It looks like the version numbers for Grease and Seaside need to be updated (I'll do that shortly). I need to test the configs on the various platforms and port to GemStone...

Dale

| I am just finishing up with some SS3 work and will shortly dig into
| getting the 3.0.6 stuff ported to GemStone and tested on Squeak...
|
| Dale

| |
| | With all the changes from ESUG and the sprint in we have a really
| | nice
| | collection [1]. I have only two open points. Lukas, could you clear
| | the package cache again? Some versions were moved out of the
| | repository and are still loaded by the build. Do we want to change
| | the
| | one-click VM from the Cog to the Pharo VM? Apparently Pharo works
| | best
| | only with a fork of the Cog VM that is still called Cog, can only
| | be
| | found on the Jenkins and is not available on Windows.
| |
| |  [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside306Changelog
| |
| | Cheers
| | Philippe

Re: 3.0.6 next try

Dale Henrichs
The current zinc configuration already references the seaside30 configuration introducing a dependency loop ...

I think that for 3.0.6, I'd be inclined to move the Zinc-Seaside package (which is the Zinc adaptor) out of the Zinc configuration and include it directly in the Seaside30 configuration ... If we do this, then the dependency loop is broken ... If that sounds cool I'll update the both configurations ...

Dale

| Perhaps on Pharo 1.3 we should include the Zinc adaptor in default
| configuration
|

| On 1 September 2011 23:45, Dale Henrichs < [hidden email] >
| wrote:
|

| I've updated the configs. It looks like the version numbers for
| Grease and Seaside need to be updated (I'll do that shortly). I need
| to test the configs on the various platforms and port to GemStone...
|
| Dale

| |
| | I am just finishing up with some SS3 work and will shortly dig into
| | getting the 3.0.6 stuff ported to GemStone and tested on Squeak...
| |
| | Dale
| |
| | |
| | | Hi
| | |
| | | With all the changes from ESUG and the sprint in we have a really
| | | nice
| | | collection [1]. I have only two open points. Lukas, could you
| | | clear
| | | the package cache again? Some versions were moved out of the
| | | repository and are still loaded by the build. Do we want to
| | | change
| | | the
| | | one-click VM from the Cog to the Pharo VM? Apparently Pharo works
| | | best
| | | only with a fork of the Cog VM that is still called Cog, can only
| | | be
| | | found on the Jenkins and is not available on Windows.
| | |
| | | [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside306Changelog
| | |
| | | Cheers
| | | Philippe

Re: 3.0.6 next try

Philippe Marschall
2011/9/2 Nick Ager <[hidden email]>:
> Perhaps on Pharo 1.3 we should include the Zinc adaptor in default
> configuration

I have had now two images rendered unusable by Zinc where it would
crash at start up due to an invalid socket handle.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: 3.0.6 next try

Dale Henrichs
It's your call... there are a couple of options:

  - include Zinc in Seaside30 config and make it load by default
  - include Zinc in Seaside30 config but it must be explicitly loaded
  - leave Zinc out of Seaside30 config

Dale

| > Perhaps on Pharo 1.3 we should include the Zinc adaptor in default
| > configuration
|
| I have had now two images rendered unusable by Zinc where it would
| crash at start up due to an invalid socket handle.
|
| Cheers
| Philippe

Re: 3.0.6 next try

Philippe Marschall
2011/9/2 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
> It's your call... there are a couple of options:
>
>  - include Zinc in Seaside30 config and make it load by default
>  - include Zinc in Seaside30 config but it must be explicitly loaded
>  - leave Zinc out of Seaside30 config

Either the second or the third. The second one if possible otherwise
the third. Since Zinc is part of Pharo 1.3 most people will probably
"get it for free".

Cheers
Philippe

Re: 3.0.6 next try