3.0.7 developer release

12

3.0.7 developer release

Nick
Hi,

I plan to release a new Seaside 3.0.7 one-click and developer image over the weekend. Currently the developer image includes one-click and Pier. I thought perhaps that the developer image could act as a show-case for other libraries built on-top of Seaside. Some thoughts for what could be included:
* Pier
* jQueryWidget library
* JQueryMobile
* Seafox

note: Pier already includes Magritte and various other libraries.

Do people think this is a good idea? Are there other libraries that people would like to see included?

Cheers

Nick

Re: 3.0.7 developer release

Nick
PS The one-click includes Seaside-REST so this would be included in the developer image
PPS The reason making another release is to include the imported fixes to Zinc
PPPS How about including Kaliningrad (Dale??) http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Kaliningrad.html

On 5 April 2012 08:46, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I plan to release a new Seaside 3.0.7 one-click and developer image over the weekend. Currently the developer image includes one-click and Pier. I thought perhaps that the developer image could act as a show-case for other libraries built on-top of Seaside. Some thoughts for what could be included:
* Pier
* jQueryWidget library
* JQueryMobile
* Seafox

note: Pier already includes Magritte and various other libraries.

Do people think this is a good idea? Are there other libraries that people would like to see included?

Cheers

Nick

Re: 3.0.7 developer release

drush66

I guess pier vould be new one 3, along side with new pragma basaed magritte?

I think including packages you have mentioned would be nice.

Davorin Rusevljan

On Apr 5, 2012 9:59 AM, "Nick Ager" <[hidden email]> wrote:

PS The one-click includes Seaside-REST so this would be included in the developer image
PPS The reason making another release is to include the imported fixes to Zinc
PPPS How about including Kaliningrad (Dale??) http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Kaliningrad.html

On 5 April 2012 08:46, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I plan to release a new ...

Re: 3.0.7 developer release

Philippe Marschall
Am 5. April 2012 09:46 schrieb Nick Ager <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I plan to release a new Seaside 3.0.7 one-click and developer image over the
> weekend. Currently the developer image includes one-click and Pier. I
> thought perhaps that the developer image could act as a show-case for other
> libraries built on-top of Seaside. Some thoughts for what could be included:
> * Pier
> * jQueryWidget library
> * JQueryMobile
> * Seafox

Included Seafox would be very cool.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: 3.0.7 developer release

Gastón Dall' Oglio
Hi.

Yes include JQueryWidgetBox, this great and little known by developers of seaside.

Some points abount JQueryWidgetBox:
* Nick, I see that in Pier Admin you use jsTree wrapper, but it there isn't in JQueryWidgetBox repository.
* ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox-PaulDeBruicker.66.mcz doesn't include all wrappers present in the repo (I have to include my JQMapQuery in the config hehe).
* In MetacelloRepository the lastest version of configuration is ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox.tbn.64.
* The lastest version of library is 2.6, but this is blessing as #development, for that with this script 2.5 is load:

Gofer new
squeaksource: 'JQueryWidgetBox';
package: 'ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox';
load.
ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox loadLatestVersion.

Maybe we have to fix them first. I can fix the Configuration for load all wrappers in the repo if you like.

Regards.

El 5 de abril de 2012 07:58, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> escribió:
Am 5. April 2012 09:46 schrieb Nick Ager <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> I plan to release a new Seaside 3.0.7 one-click and developer image over the
> weekend. Currently the developer image includes one-click and Pier. I
> thought perhaps that the developer image could act as a show-case for other
> libraries built on-top of Seaside. Some thoughts for what could be included:
> * Pier
> * jQueryWidget library
> * JQueryMobile
> * Seafox

Included Seafox would be very cool.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: 3.0.7 developer release

Larry Kellogg
Wow, Seafox, great work, Nick! I can see an immediate use for this code.

Regards,

Larry Kellogg
www.practicemusic.com

On Apr 5, 2012, at 6:58 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> Am 5. April 2012 09:46 schrieb Nick Ager <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I plan to release a new Seaside 3.0.7 one-click and developer image over the
>> weekend. Currently the developer image includes one-click and Pier. I
>> thought perhaps that the developer image could act as a show-case for other
>> libraries built on-top of Seaside. Some thoughts for what could be included:
>> * Pier
>> * jQueryWidget library
>> * JQueryMobile
>> * Seafox
>
> Included Seafox would be very cool.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Links to static pages..

Larry Kellogg
Hello,
  How do I give my users the capability of sending links to their own pages from within my Seaside app? Should I generate a static page from the dynamic content, and tell them to send a link to a generated html file? I'm a little confused about how to do this in terms of dealing with the dynamic nature of Seaside, and its need for sessions, etc.

  I still haven't gotten my updateUrl:code with addToPath to work correctly because it seems to mess up serving files from nginx, but I don't think that updateUrl: will help solve this problem, although I could be wrong. I think I can solve that problem by alway pre-pending images and files with a directory name.

Regards,

Larry Kellogg

Re: 3.0.7 developer release

Nick
Hi

Yes include JQueryWidgetBox, this great and little known by developers of seaside.

Will do.

* Nick, I see that in Pier Admin you use jsTree wrapper, but it there isn't in JQueryWidgetBox repository.

That is a great point - I'm afraid I haven't got round to wrapping it up in jQueryWidgetBox - I should do. Note jsTree wrapper was originally provided by Bart Veenstra.

I can fix the Configuration for load all wrappers in the repo if you like.

That would be fantastic - then let the list know when you've an updated configuration so I will know I can include the work in the release

Thanks

Nick

Re: 3.0.7 developer release

Gastón Dall' Oglio

El 5 de abril de 2012 09:38, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hi

Yes include JQueryWidgetBox, this great and little known by developers of seaside.

Will do.

Great, I be sure this aid to grow the visibility of JQueryWidget library and motivate to developers to write more and more wrappers with this (there are tons the plugin waiting for us).

* Nick, I see that in Pier Admin you use jsTree wrapper, but it there isn't in JQueryWidgetBox repository.

That is a great point - I'm afraid I haven't got round to wrapping it up in jQueryWidgetBox - I should do. Note jsTree wrapper was originally provided by Bart Veenstra.

Yes please. I need this plugin for show some folder in the server filesystem :)

I can fix the Configuration for load all wrappers in the repo if you like.

That would be fantastic - then let the list know when you've an updated configuration so I will know I can include the work in the release

I do now, but one question, I blessing new conf that I write as #release? I do not know load JQueryWidgetBox if this is blessing as #development, any idea?

Thanks

Thanks you for all, and thanks at every Seaside and Pharo contributor.

Nick

Re: 3.0.7 developer release

Nick
Hi Gastón,

I do now, but one question, I blessing new conf that I write as #release? I do not know load JQueryWidgetBox if this is blessing as #development, any idea?

I'm not I quite understand. If you are asking how do you load a specific configuration for example before setting the blessing to #release for ConfigurationOfSeaside30 I would load it with:

(ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.7') load: 'OneClick'.

This allows you test the yet to be released version before making it available to everyone. There are plenty of people on this list and the Pharo list who should be able to help you if you get stuck.

Hope that helps

Nick

Re: 3.0.7 developer release

Gastón Dall' Oglio
I admit I'm a noob with Metacello :( I do not know the dev cycle with this.

Copy from the wiki of this project:

How to load

Use a recent pharo image and evaluate

Gofer new
  squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox';
  load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox) loadLatestVersion

For that I just use #loadLatestVersion for load. Now with you tip, for load my config I evaluate this:
(ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox project version: '2.7') load

Weel, I commit to repo with blessing #development, if this config is correct I change this to #release, or any let me know the next CORRECT step (I say again, I'm noob with metacello).

Name: ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox-GastonDallOglio.67
Author: GastonDallOglio
Time: 5 April 2012, 11:28:26 am
UUID: cd01f6de-f264-4585-88e3-4a3ad9f3d7a5
Ancestors: ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox-PaulDeBruicker.66

"added MapQuery, RegisteredInterval and SelectMenu."

Regards

PS: for convension, package JQWidgetBox-RegisteredInterval-Example should be renamed JQWidgetBox-RegisteredInterval-Dev, and SelectMenu wrapper haven't example and test :)

El 5 de abril de 2012 10:21, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hi Gastón,

I do now, but one question, I blessing new conf that I write as #release? I do not know load JQueryWidgetBox if this is blessing as #development, any idea?

I'm not I quite understand. If you are asking how do you load a specific configuration for example before setting the blessing to #release for ConfigurationOfSeaside30 I would load it with:

(ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.7') load: 'OneClick'.

This allows you test the yet to be released version before making it available to everyone. There are plenty of people on this list and the Pharo list who should be able to help you if you get stuck.

Hope that helps

Nick

Re: 3.0.7 developer release

Gastón Dall' Oglio
In Seaside 3.0.7, I found un MNU in JQTimeSlider related to missing JsonObject:

sliderOptions
"sliderOptions: use this to set the default jQuery UI slider options"
self optionAt: 'sliderOptions' put: (JsonObject fromAssociations: sliderOptionsDict associations)
I don't know another side where report this.

Regards.

El 5 de abril de 2012 11:41, Gastón Dall' Oglio <[hidden email]> escribió:
I admit I'm a noob with Metacello :( I do not know the dev cycle with this.

Copy from the wiki of this project:

How to load

Use a recent pharo image and evaluate

Gofer new
  squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox';
  load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox) loadLatestVersion

For that I just use #loadLatestVersion for load. Now with you tip, for load my config I evaluate this:
(ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox project version: '2.7') load

Weel, I commit to repo with blessing #development, if this config is correct I change this to #release, or any let me know the next CORRECT step (I say again, I'm noob with metacello).

Name: ConfigurationOfJQueryWidgetBox-GastonDallOglio.67

Weird back button problem

Larry Kellogg
Hello,
  I noticed a weird issue with rendering the Back button. If I have

renderBackButtonOn: html
        html break.
        html cancelButton
                class: 'btn';
                callback: [ self back ];
                value: 'Back'.
        html break

and this:

back
        self answer: false

and then this:

        html
                form: [
                        self renderBackButtonOn: html.

                        self resources do: [: each | html render: each].

                        self renderBackButtonOn: html].

I often see the case where the first rendering of the Back button works correctly, but the last render does not work. I press the button and nothing happens. Any idea what is going on here?

  Regards,

  Larry Kellogg
  www.practicemusic.com

Re:[Seaside] Weird back button problem

Ryan Simmons-2

I vaguely remember struggling with the same issue. If I remember correctly we were producing invalid html (nested forms).

Check if one of the resources you are rendering does not produce a form tag.

If you inspect the back button when it does not work with the browsers dom inspector. You will be able to see if it is still rendered under the correct form tag.

On Apr 5, 2012 11:10 PM, "Lawrence Kellogg" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: Weird back button problem

Johan Brichau-2
It's a guess but did you try replacing

        value: 'Back'

with

        with: 'Back'

?

Otherwise, a snippet of the 'weird rendering' might help

Johan

On 05 Apr 2012, at 23:10, Lawrence Kellogg wrote:

> Hello,
>  I noticed a weird issue with rendering the Back button. If I have
>
> renderBackButtonOn: html
> html break.
> html cancelButton
> class: 'btn';
> callback: [ self back ];
> value: 'Back'.
> html break
>
> and this:
>
> back
> self answer: false
>
> and then this:
>
> html
> form: [
> self renderBackButtonOn: html.
>
> self resources do: [: each | html render: each].
>
> self renderBackButtonOn: html].
>

> I often see the case where the first rendering of the Back button works correctly, but the last render does not work. I press the button and nothing happens. Any idea what is going on here?
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Larry Kellogg
>  www.practicemusic.com

Re: Weird back button problem

Larry Kellogg
Johan,
  Unfortunately, changing it from value: to with: does not make any difference, the bug is still there. I looked through my code and it looks like I am calling html form: for all the resources I am rendering, as far as I can tell.

  Does this snippet of code provide any clue?
….
<form accept-charset="utf-8" method="post" action="/PracticeJournalLoginTask?_s=MQjCWJGC8kOo0deT&amp;_k=ZS373GZpYr33sacc"><br/>
<input class="btn submit" name="12" value="Back" type="submit"/>
<form accept-charset="utf-8" method="post" action="/PracticeJournalLoginTask?_s=MQjCWJGC8kOo0deT&amp;_k=ZS373GZpYr33sacc"><object>
<param name="width" value="586"></param>
<param name="height" value="355"></param>

Regards,

Larry

On Apr 6, 2012, at 6:35 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:

[...]

Larry,

I'm really answering off the top of my head now, but nested html forms are indeed not allowed. It's likely that this is causing the trouble.

You might consider replacing the cancel button with a cancel link (i.e. an anchor with 'cancel'). That probably will give you the behavior you are looking for.
I'm never using a cancel button because we do it with links throughout the application.

On Apr 6, 2012, at 7:05 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:

> Larry,
>
> I'm really answering off the top of my head now, but nested html forms are indeed not allowed. It's likely that this is causing the trouble.
>
> You might consider replacing the cancel button with a cancel link (i.e. an anchor with 'cancel'). That probably will give you the behavior you are looking for.
> I'm never using a cancel button because we do it with links throughout the application.

  Yes, that is it! It works after I changed the 'html cancelButton' to 'html anchor'. Thanks, I never would have gotten that on my own.

  I am a little confused about whether I nest html forms or not. I have so many different components with html form in them that I must be nesting forms. So, there should only one html form: for the entire page? Perhaps I can refactor my code to make that happen, although everything seems to work pretty well as it is written. What goes wrong when forms are nested?

  Regards,

  Larry

On 06 Apr 2012, at 13:38, Lawrence Kellogg wrote:

> So, there should only one html form: for the entire page?

No, there can be multiple forms on the same page. They just cannot be nested.

> Perhaps I can refactor my code to make that happen, although everything seems to work pretty well as it is written. What goes wrong when forms are nested?

I'm not sure what goes wrong in this case (and if it's even related to the nesting of the forms) but as I understand it, it's not valid html.
I should play with cancel buttons to see what really happens, but I'm already lagging behind on my work schedule so I have to refrain from doing that ;-)

Johan_______________________________________________
seaside mailing list

Re: Weird back button problem

Bob Arning-2
This might help spot such problems:

WAFormTag>>with:

with: aBlock

     | uniqueMessage |

     uniqueMessage _ 'starting a form'.
     Notification signal: uniqueMessage.
     [
         super with: aBlock
     ] on: Notification do: [ :ex |
         ex messageText = uniqueMessage ifTrue: [self halt].
         ex pass
     ]

Cheers,
Bob