3.10 MVC (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolBuilder-MVC-ar.15.mcz)

3.10 MVC (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolBuilder-MVC-ar.15.mcz)

Edgar J. De Cleene

On 8/31/09 12:28 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Andreas Raab uploaded a new version of ToolBuilder-MVC to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ToolBuilder-MVC-ar.15.mcz

I have the following questions...

Any have a 3.10 MVC image working ?
Links to try it ?
We wish MVC in Squeak ?

Edgar

Re: 3.10 MVC (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolBuilder-MVC-ar.15.mcz)

Sungjin Chun
I'm using my own mvc only image based on 3.8(.2) Though I'm not sure on making
mvc only image using 3.10 but for me, if I could have chance it would be better :)

wrote:

> Andreas Raab uploaded a new version of ToolBuilder-MVC to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ToolBuilder-MVC-ar.15.mcz

I have the following questions...

Any have a 3.10 MVC image working ?
Links to try it ?
We wish MVC in Squeak ?

Edgar

Re: 3.10 MVC (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolBuilder-MVC-ar.15.mcz)

Ian Trudel-2
2009/8/31 Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]>:

> We wish MVC in Squeak ?

I would vote to keep it. I am still not especially fond of Morphic.
This would be an interesting question. Juan had a page about Morphic
3.0 and I have read somewhere else that TWEAK was meant to replace
Morphic altogether. What the community and board think about all this?

Ian.

http://mecenia.blogspot.com/

On 8/31/09 7:43 AM, "Sungjin Chun" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm using my own mvc only image based on 3.8(.2) Though I'm not sure on making
mvc only image using 3.10 but for me, if I could have chance it would be better :)

Ok,  if you wish share with others, put it somewhere and send the link,
I sure some could have interest in a MVC only image and (maybe) in a long term project for have a 3.10 “trunk” MVC.
As part of this I could see integrated my old MVC 3.7 things into yours.

Edgar

Re: 3.10 MVC (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolBuilder-MVC-ar.15.mcz)

Chun, Sungjin
here it is;

http://nxt-web.googlecode.com/files/ST80-MVC.zip

it also has my personal additions and mods :)

On 9/2/09 8:34 AM, "Sungjin Chun" <[hidden email]> wrote:

here it is;

http://nxt-web.googlecode.com/files/ST80-MVC.zip

it also has my personal additions and mods :)

Ok, very thanks.
For working in parallell, I see which categories could be quick actualized.
I thinking in Collections as example and others.
So , as I workinging in parallell with a reduced version of trunk image, I made tons of .cs coming of updates of Andres.
This weekend I look wich ones could be applied.

Edgar

Re: 3.10 MVC (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolBuilder-MVC-ar.15.mcz)

Sungjin Chun
as you might already noticed, I'm not that professional on this :) so I hope you can make one with 3.10.

My image posted is based on 3.8 not 3.10 (to make it sure).

I hope there'll be good result on this work.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 9/2/09 8:34 AM, "Sungjin Chun" <[hidden email]> wrote:

here it is;

http://nxt-web.googlecode.com/files/ST80-MVC.zip

it also has my personal additions and mods :)

Ok, very thanks.
For working in parallell, I see which categories could be quick actualized.
I thinking in Collections as example and others.
So , as I workinging in parallell with a reduced version of trunk image, I made tons of .cs coming of updates of Andres.
This weekend I look wich ones could be applied.

Edgar

Re: 3.10 MVC (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk:ToolBuilder-MVC-ar.15.mcz)

Boris.Gaertner
This is important work - I will look into it as soon as I can find a free hour!

Greetings Boris

wrote:

> Andreas Raab uploaded a new version of ToolBuilder-MVC to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ToolBuilder-MVC-ar.15.mcz

I have the following questions...

Any have a 3.10 MVC image working ?
Links to try it ?
We wish MVC in Squeak ?

Edgar

[squeak-dev] Re: 3.10 MVC (was Re: The Trunk: ToolBuilder-MVC-ar.15.mcz)

Andreas.Raab
Sungjin Chun wrote:
> here it is;
>
> http://nxt-web.googlecode.com/files/ST80-MVC.zip
>
> it also has my personal additions and mods :)

Wow. Just wow. This is amazing. I haven't seen such a beautiful
self-contained MVC image since 2.1. Since you are obviously interested
in this area, can I *urge* you to help us with MVC maintenance in the trunk?

I would *love* to have both MVC-only and Morphic-only images but we
really do need help with that. You obviously have done some major work
here and your experience, insight and help would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: 3.10 MVC (was Re: The Trunk: ToolBuilder-MVC-ar.15.mcz)

Bert Freudenberg

On 02.09.2009, at 17:48, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Sungjin Chun wrote:
>> here it is;
>> http://nxt-web.googlecode.com/files/ST80-MVC.zip
>> it also has my personal additions and mods :)
>
> Wow. Just wow. This is amazing. I haven't seen such a beautiful self-
> contained MVC image since 2.1. Since you are obviously interested in
> this area, can I *urge* you to help us with MVC maintenance in the
> trunk?
>
> I would *love* to have both MVC-only and Morphic-only images but we
> really do need help with that. You obviously have done some major
> work here and your experience, insight and help would be hugely
> appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>  - Andreas

Flop-out scroll bars, yay! ;)

- Bert -

On 9/2/09 9:49 AM, "Boris.Gaertner" <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is important work - I will look into it as soon as I can find a free hour!

Greetings Boris
Well , many of things I have come from you, one of MVC masters.

Edgar

On 9/2/09 9:32 AM, "Sungjin Chun" <[hidden email]> wrote:

as you might already noticed, I'm not that professional on this :) so I hope you can make one with 3.10.

My image posted is based on 3.8 not 3.10 (to make it sure).

I hope there'll be good result on this work.

Yes, I was clear your image is 3.8.
So the only way is feed it with new code coming from 3.9, 3.10, trunk.
I have the updates for 3.10 in .cs form (I choose use it for my fork) and also have the complete process originated from trunk in .cs form.
And ideas of how mix different stuff ( I doing this now in my “unofficial 3.11” )
So with your help and with Boris help (he is a great MVC master) with time we could have a 3.11MVCSqueak if all agree.
What I wish and still never investigate for MVC is if we could have some similar to drag and drop mechanism of 3.8 Morphic.
Any help on this ?

Edgar

Re: 3.10 MVC (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolBuilder-MVC-ar.15.mcz)

Sungjin Chun
Though I made my own mvc image, I've very little experience on mvc programming(my most
important reason for mvc image has been simple, lightweight platform for seaside app development).

But I'm very eager to learn on this subject and if there's some area/part on which I can help,
I'll do it :)

Drag and drop in mvc would be very cool! And I hope 3.10 based image could show better performance and efficiency than my 3.8 based one.