4.0 missing Point3D

Chris Hayes
This issue was raised during the beta and still exists with the GA code.
Point3D has been eliminated from the base 4.0 image along with several
related extension methods on ArithmeticValue (see below).  At the same time,
methods remain in the 4.0 base that will obviously break without Point3D
being present (e.g., Point>>asPoint3D) .

In order to support the ST3D graphics toolkit on 4.0, I need Point3D and the
methods identified.  Without these, the existing ST3D code will not
load/compile correctly.  I can "cheat" and bring the required code over from
the 3.0 environment (in which case, everything loads and runs without error,
albeit faster :-) ), but this obviously isn't a good solution for anyone who
doesn't have access to the 3.X (or 2.X) code base .

Is there any chance of getting Point3D and Co. "reintroduced" into the base
image?

Here are the missing methods:
Point>>@
ArithmeticValue>>multiplyByPoint3D: aPoint3D
ArithmeticValue>>divideIntoPoint3D: aPoint3D

Thanks.
Chris Hayes
Creative Computing, Inc.
www.creative-computing-inc.com

Re: 4.0 missing Point3D

Andy Bower
Chris,

> This issue was raised during the beta and still exists with the GA code.
> Point3D has been eliminated from the base 4.0 image along with several
> related extension methods on ArithmeticValue (see below).  At the same
time,
> methods remain in the 4.0 base that will obviously break without Point3D
> being present (e.g., Point>>asPoint3D) .
>
> In order to support the ST3D graphics toolkit on 4.0, I need Point3D and
the
> methods identified.  Without these, the existing ST3D code will not
> load/compile correctly.  I can "cheat" and bring the required code over
from
> the 3.0 environment (in which case, everything loads and runs without
error,
> albeit faster :-) ), but this obviously isn't a good solution for anyone
who
> doesn't have access to the 3.X (or 2.X) code base .
>
> Is there any chance of getting Point3D and Co. "reintroduced" into the
base
> image?

Sorry these slipped through the net. We'll re-introduce them in PL1 (I guess
we'll also have to do another DirectX Kit to match).

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com