[4.1] How do I set a jpg as desktop background?

[4.1] How do I set a jpg as desktop background?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

If I search in the 'Message Names' browser for
    background

I find quite a number of interesting methods but non of them seems to
set the background of the desktop.

How do I do that?

Kind regards
Hannes

Re: [4.1] How do I set a jpg as desktop background?

Hannes Hirzel
P.S. I mean the equivalent of the Squeak code

Form openAsBackground: (FileDirectory default /
'resources/wallpaper.png') pathName.

A candidate as well for the useful expressions window.

On 1/5/13, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> If I search in the 'Message Names' browser for
>     background
>
> I find quite a number of interesting methods but non of them seems to
> set the background of the desktop.
>
> How do I do that?
>
> Kind regards
> Hannes

Re: [4.1] How do I set a jpg as desktop background?

Juan Vuletich-4
H. Hirzel wrote:

> Hello
>
> If I search in the 'Message Names' browser for
>     background
>
> I find quite a number of interesting methods but non of them seems to
> set the background of the desktop.
>
> How do I do that?
>
> Kind regards
> Hannes

self runningWorld color: Color cyan

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

H. Hirzel wrote:
> P.S. I mean the equivalent of the Squeak code
>
> Form openAsBackground: (FileDirectory default /
> 'resources/wallpaper.png') pathName.
>
> A candidate as well for the useful expressions window.

Something like

    | filename |
    filename _ '/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/juanvuletich/IMG_6093.JPG'.
    self runningWorld backgroundImageData: (FileStream
readOnlyFileNamed: filename) binary contentsOfEntireFile.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich