[4.1] Installation and test case for SqueakDBX

[4.1] Installation and test case for SqueakDBX

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

I installed SqueakDBX ( http://www.squeakdbx.org ) with the following commands

   (Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository') install:
'ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX'.
   (ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX project version: '1.1') load

Then I tried to access a local mySQL database (Ubuntu 9.10) with an
adapted code snippet from the method testExampleConnection

| conn connectionSettings |
       connectionSettings := DBXConnectionSettings
                       host: '127.0.0.1'
                       port: '3306'
                       database: 'lex'
                       userName: 'hh2'
                       userPassword: 'something'.
       conn := DBXConnection platform: DBXMySQLPlatform new settings:
connectionSettings.
       conn connect.
       conn open.

Alternatively I tried DBXMySQL4Platform

In both cases an error message came up.

Has anybody used SqueakDBX successfully so far on 4.1?

Regards
Hannes

P.S. Alternatively instructions for setting it up on MSWindows and
accessing are fine as well.

Re: [4.1] Installation and test case for SqueakDBX

Hannes Hirzel
Here it is. Thank you for your willingnett to look into it.

Hannes

SqueakDebug.log (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [4.1] Installation and test case for SqueakDBX

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Hannes. I downloaded a Squeak 4.1 and I cannot reproduce the problem. I did exactly what you said, but it worked for me.

Can you take a fresh Squeak 4.1, do exactly the same you said in the mail and try again ?

Cheers

Mariano

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Hannes Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Here it is. Thank you for your willingnett to look into it.

Hannes

Re: [4.1] Installation and test case for SqueakDBX

Hannes Hirzel
I did an installation in a fresh image.

I get an error again (see screenshot).

Maybe I did not install Squeak properly on Ubuntu 9.10.

I just downloaded the image and the VM from
http://ftp.squeak.org/4.1/unix-linux/Squeak-4.0.3.2202-linux_i386.tar.gz

I unpacked the VM and double clicked on squeak.sh (hidden in the bin directory).
Then I am prompted for an image

Hannes

------------------------------

"I installed SqueakDBX ( http://www.squeakdbx.org ) with the following commands"

  (Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository') install:
'ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX'.
  (ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX project version: '1.1') load

"Then I tried to access a local mySQL database (Ubuntu 9.10) with an
adapted code snippet from the method testExampleConnection"

| conn connectionSettings |
      connectionSettings := DBXConnectionSettings
                      host: '127.0.0.1'
                      port: '3306'
                      database: 'lex'
                      userName: 'hh2'
                      userPassword: 'something'.
      conn := DBXConnection platform: DBXMySQL4Platform new settings:

Squeak4.1-SqueakDBXerrorOnUbuntu9.10.png (18K) Download Attachment

Re: [4.1] Installation and test case for SqueakDBX

Mariano Martinez Peck
Ahh that's a different error from the log you attached ;)

As it says in the FAQ: http://www.squeakdbx.org/FAQ

it seems you didn't install OpenDBX library or there is a problem with it and that's why it is not being found by Squeak.
For SqueakDBX you need to have installed OpenDBX library AND the database client library.

Just ask if you have further questions.

Cheers

Mariano