[4.1][Test] WebClient // Need for a HTTPSocket class port

[4.1][Test] WebClient // Need for a HTTPSocket class port

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

There is an initial version of a WebClient port on
    https://github.com/davidgraham/Cuis-WebClient

The messages on Transcript while loading
   Cuis-WebClient.pck

are copied in below. [1]

The SUnit test runner on
   WebClientServerTest

hangs.

However an access like

   (WebClient httpGet: 'http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html') content

works fine.

Question: It seems that having a HTTPSocket is necessary.

Cuis only has a
   Socket
class.

I then filed out HttpSocket from Squeak4.4-12324 and filed it into
Cuis 4.1. The Transcript is copied in below [2].

Any suggestions how to proceed?

Is somebody working on a HttpSocket class for Cuis?

--Hannes

[1] Transcript output while filing in Cuis-WebClient.pck

#(27 December 2012 10:13:47 pm) Cuis4.1.image priorSource: 2344746
a FileList=============

WebClient>>digestAuth:from:header:params: (UUID is Undeclared)
WebClient class>>httpRequest:url:headers:content:response: (HTTPSocket
is Undeclared)
WebClient class>>httpRequest:url:headers:content:response:
(HTTPProgress is Undeclared)
WebClient class>>httpRequest:url:headers:content:response:
(MIMEDocument is Undeclared)
WebClient class>>registerHttpSocketRequestHandler (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebClient class>>registerHttpSocketRequestHandler (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebClient class>>registerHttpSocketRequestHandler (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebClient class>>registerHttpSocketRequestHandler (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebClient class>>unregisterHttpSocketRequestHandler (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebClient class>>unregisterHttpSocketRequestHandler (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebClient class>>unregisterHttpSocketRequestHandler (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebClientServerTest>>expectedFailures (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebClientServerTest>>testAuthRedirectSession (UUID is Undeclared)
WebClientServerTest>>testMultipartFiles (MIMEDocument is Undeclared)
WebClientServerTest>>testMultipartFiles2 (MIMEDocument is Undeclared)
WebClientServerTest>>testMultipartFiles2 (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebClientServerTest>>testMultipartFiles2 (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebClientServerTest>>testMultipartFiles2 (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebClientServerTest>>testMultipartFiles2 (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebClientServerTest>>testPersistentAuthRedirectSession (UUID is Undeclared)
WebMessage>>contentWithProgress: (ByteString is Undeclared)
WebRequest>>send200Response: (UTF8TextConverter is Undeclared)
WebRequest>>send404Response: (UTF8TextConverter is Undeclared)
WebServer>>newNonce (UUID is Undeclared)
WebServer>>systemInfoOn: (SmalltalkImage is Undeclared)
WebServer>>systemInfoOn: (SecurityManager is Undeclared)
WebServer>>systemInfoOn: (SmalltalkImage is Undeclared)
WebServer class>>benchmark (NullStream is Undeclared)
WebServer class>>benchmark (NullStream is Undeclared)
WebServer class>>exampleSession (UUID is Undeclared)
WebUtils class>>defaultProxyServer (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebUtils class>>defaultProxyServer (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebUtils class>>defaultProxyServer (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebUtils class>>defaultProxyServer (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebUtils class>>defaultProxyServer (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebUtils class>>encodeMultipartForm:boundary: (MIMEDocument is Undeclared)
WebUtils class>>handleAuth: (UIManager is Undeclared)
WebUtils class>>handleAuth: (UIManager is Undeclared)
WebUtils class>>oAuthSign:url:extra:using: (UUID is Undeclared)
WebUtils class>>proxyExceptionsDo: (HTTPSocket is Undeclared)
WebUtils class>>sha1Hash: (SecureHashAlgorithm is Undeclared)
WebUtils class>>webSocketHash07: (SecureHashAlgorithm is Undeclared)
Package Cuis-WebClient successfully installed
Undeclared: a Dictionary(#ByteString->nil #HTTPProgress->nil
#HTTPSocket->nil #MIMEDocument->nil #NullStream->nil
#SecureHashAlgorithm->nil #SecurityManager->nil #SmalltalkImage->nil
#UIManager->nil #UTF8TextConverter->nil #UUID->nil )

[2] Transcript log of filing in HTTPSocket.st as exported from Squeak4.4-12324

HTTPSocket class>>initialize (ExternalSettings is Undeclared)
HTTPSocket class>>httpGetDocument:args:accept:request: (Url is Undeclared)
HTTPSocket class>>httpGif: (GIFReadWriter is Undeclared)
HTTPSocket class>>httpJpeg: (JPEGReadWriter is Undeclared)
HTTPSocket class>>httpPost:content:type:accept:request: (Url is Undeclared)
HTTPSocket class>>httpPostMultipart:args:accept:request: (MIMEDocument
is Undeclared)
HTTPSocket class>>httpPut:to:user:passwd: (Url is Undeclared)
HTTPSocket class>>httpRequest:url:headers:content:response:
(HTTPProgress is Undeclared)
HTTPSocket class>>httpRequest:url:headers:content:response:
(HTTPProgress is Undeclared)
HTTPSocket class>>httpRequest:url:headers:content:response:
(MIMEDocument is Undeclared)
HTTPSocket class>>httpShowChunk: (StringHolder is Undeclared)
HTTPSocket class>>httpShowPage: (StringHolder is Undeclared)
HTTPSocket class>>fetchExternalSettingsIn: (ExternalSettings is Undeclared)
HTTPSocket class>>showImage:named: (Project is Undeclared)
MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>registerClient:
while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize

Re: [4.1][Test] WebClient // Need for a HTTPSocket class port

Hannes Hirzel
BTW

HTTPSocket  implements a Singleton
   52 class methods, 486 lines of code.

Some of the classes referred in HTTPSocket have been renamed in Cuis.

On 12/29/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> (MIMEDocument is Undeclared)
> HTTPSocket class>>httpShowChunk: (StringHolder is Undeclared)
> HTTPSocket class>>httpShowPage: (StringHolder is Undeclared)
> HTTPSocket class>>fetchExternalSettingsIn: (ExternalSettings is Undeclared)
> HTTPSocket class>>showImage:named: (Project is Undeclared)
> MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>registerClient:
> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
> MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
> MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
> MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
> MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize

Re: [4.1][Test] WebClient // Need for a HTTPSocket class port

Or better (from the comment of HttpSocket in Squeak 4.3)

HTTPSockets is a facade for handling common HTTP requests. It provides
a minimal implementation of the HTTP protocol, but can be extended by
third party clients that register themselves as #httpRequestHandler
(see class-side protocol).

A third-party request handler needs to implement the single method

        #httpRequest:url:headers:content:response:

in a way that is compatible with the baseline implementation in HTTPSocket.

> [...]

>> (MIMEDocument is Undeclared)
>> HTTPSocket class>>httpShowChunk: (StringHolder is Undeclared)
>> HTTPSocket class>>httpShowPage: (StringHolder is Undeclared)
>> HTTPSocket class>>fetchExternalSettingsIn: (ExternalSettings is
>> Undeclared)
>> HTTPSocket class>>showImage:named: (Project is Undeclared)
>> MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>registerClient:
>> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
>> MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
>> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
>> MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
>> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
>> MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
>> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
>> MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
>> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize

Re: [4.1][Test] WebClient // Need for a HTTPSocket class port

Other HttpSocket facade implementations to consider

  ZnEasy
  ZnHTTPSocketFacade

(both in Pharo 2.0beta)

And a place to put the class could be

https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks

--HJH

> [...]

>>> (MIMEDocument is Undeclared)
>>> HTTPSocket class>>httpShowChunk: (StringHolder is Undeclared)
>>> HTTPSocket class>>httpShowPage: (StringHolder is Undeclared)
>>> HTTPSocket class>>fetchExternalSettingsIn: (ExternalSettings is
>>> Undeclared)
>>> HTTPSocket class>>showImage:named: (Project is Undeclared)
>>> MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>registerClient:
>>> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
>>> MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
>>> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
>>> MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
>>> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
>>> MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
>>> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize
>>> MessageNotUnderstood: Preferences class>>valueOfPreference:
>>> while evaluating: HTTPSocket initialize

Re: [4.1][Test] WebClient // Need for a HTTPSocket class port

garduino
HI Hannes:

About HTTP* classes, I started some work that you can find here https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-Pharo14CompatibilityLayer but is all *** work in progress ***, and with the time I started another layer of compatibility (https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks) that may be is better to adapt to the Network-* classes.

My original idea was port the Network-* classes from Pharo not present in Cuis.

After that and regarding Zinc I saw some differences between Pharo and Squeak then some sort of classes are needed to  have Zinc working and exist some differences with the Squeak implementation not using Zinc.

I'm still thinking what/how to port for have Sport and Swazoo working. Zinc will be another step.

About WebClient I tried also, but to avoid the hanging you need to use the latest .mcz.

Cheers.

Germán.

On 12/29/12, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> HI Hannes:
>
> About HTTP* classes, I started some work that you can find here
> https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-Pharo14CompatibilityLayer but is all ***
> work in progress ***,

I was not aware of this, (i.e. the relevance of it because I thought
it was superseded by the repository
https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks)

So I have added it to our list

    https://gist.github.com/4387924

> and with the time I started another layer of
> compatibility (
> https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks) that may
> be is better to adapt to the Network-* classes.
>
> My original idea was port the Network-* classes from Pharo not present in
> Cuis.

Maybe it would be good to have a Cuis Network* compatibility only
repository on github.

With everything in it (Squeak AND Pharo)

> After that and regarding Zinc I saw some differences between Pharo and
> Squeak then some sort of classes are needed to  have Zinc working and exist
> some differences with the Squeak implementation not using Zinc.

Probably a candiate for branches as Dale H. is doing with FileTree.

I do not know yet how to use branches in github. My github knowledge
is still in the process of beeing built up  :-)

> I'm still thinking what/how to port for have Sport and Swazoo working.

You think that is easier for a start? Or more useful?

Zinc
> will be another step.

> About WebClient I tried also, but to avoid the hanging you need to use the
> latest .mcz.

I assume you mean the one directly from squeaksource and not use the
initial port of David Graham?

https://github.com/davidgraham/Cuis-WebClient

Kind regards
Hannes