[4.1] #buildWorldMenu of the class TheWorldMenu // 'hook' for personal entries?

[4.1] #buildWorldMenu of the class TheWorldMenu // 'hook' for personal entries?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Juan

To answer my own email

On 1/4/13, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> And as we are at it a note where to add code to have an additional
> WorldMenu (? is this the right expression) entry....

method #buildWorldMenu of the class TheWorldMenu is run every time the
user clicks on the desktop.

I can add my own additional entries by changing #buildWorldMenu.

However if I want my package to add an entry without actually touching
#buildWorldMenu.

Is there a 'hook'?

Kind regards

Hannes

Re: [4.1] #buildWorldMenu of the class TheWorldMenu // 'hook' for personal entries?

Hannes Hirzel
P.S. The comment of TheWorldMenu  should not mention the instance
variable 'myProject' as there is no such variable anymore.

On 1/4/13, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Juan
>
> To answer my own email
>
> On 1/4/13, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> And as we are at it a note where to add code to have an additional
>> WorldMenu (? is this the right expression) entry....
>

> method #buildWorldMenu of the class TheWorldMenu is run every time the
> user clicks on the desktop.
>
> I can add my own additional entries by changing #buildWorldMenu.
>
> However if I want my package to add an entry without actually touching
> #buildWorldMenu.
>
> Is there a 'hook'?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Hannes

Re: [4.1] #buildWorldMenu of the class TheWorldMenu // 'hook' for personal entries?

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Hannes,

H. Hirzel wrote:

> Hello Juan
>
> To answer my own email
>
> On 1/4/13, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> And as we are at it a note where to add code to have an additional
>> WorldMenu (? is this the right expression) entry....
>>

> method #buildWorldMenu of the class TheWorldMenu is run every time the
> user clicks on the desktop.
>
> I can add my own additional entries by changing #buildWorldMenu.
>
> However if I want my package to add an entry without actually touching
> #buildWorldMenu.
>
> Is there a 'hook'?

No, there isn't. Feel free to add it.

Cheers,