5.1rc1 Mac package missing some plugins

timrowledge

I note the list of external plugins in the latest 5.1rc1 Mac package - I see Camera, Croquet, MIDI, Mpeg3,SqueakFFIPrims, SqueakSSL and UnixProcess plugins. No Bochs nor GdbARM plugins, which makes testing the vmmaker stuff a bit trickier.

I can accept that we might not want to include these fairly large plugins of very limited audience in the general release but it needs mentioning somewhere so as to make sure Eliot’s build-a-vmmaker script can handle the missing bits.

tim
Manual Writer's Creed:  Garbage in, gospel out.

Re: 5.1rc1 Mac package missing some plugins

David T. Lewis

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 04:00:24PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> I note the list of external plugins in the latest 5.1rc1 Mac package - I see Camera, Croquet, MIDI, Mpeg3,SqueakFFIPrims, SqueakSSL and UnixProcess plugins. No Bochs nor GdbARM plugins, which makes testing the vmmaker stuff a bit trickier.

IIRC, those plugins have licence restrictions that would be a concern for general distribution.

Dave

> I can accept that we might not want to include these fairly large plugins of very limited audience in the general release but it needs mentioning somewhere so as to make sure Eliot???s build-a-vmmaker script can handle the missing bits.
>
> tim
> Manual Writer's Creed:  Garbage in, gospel out.

Re: 5.1rc1 Mac package missing some plugins

timrowledge

> On 19-08-2016, at 4:17 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 04:00:24PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
>>
>> I note the list of external plugins in the latest 5.1rc1 Mac package - I see Camera, Croquet, MIDI, Mpeg3,SqueakFFIPrims, SqueakSSL and UnixProcess plugins. No Bochs nor GdbARM plugins, which makes testing the vmmaker stuff a bit trickier.
>>

> IIRC, those plugins have licence restrictions that would be a concern for general distribution.

Fair point.

tim
Strange OpCodes: LOW: Launch on Warning

Re: 5.1rc1 Mac package missing some plugins

fniephaus

On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 1:00 AM tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

I note the list of external plugins in the latest 5.1rc1 Mac package - I see Camera, Croquet, MIDI, Mpeg3,SqueakFFIPrims, SqueakSSL and UnixProcess plugins. No Bochs nor GdbARM plugins, which makes testing the vmmaker stuff a bit trickier.

The plugin selection is the same that comes with the OpenSmalltalk VM. I suggest that we make sure the right plugins are selected there. Since I am unfamiliar with the licensing, I can't make any decisions.

Fabio