6.1 news: Standalone Apps without link to domain

1 message Options

6.1 news: Standalone Apps without link to domain

Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

I just broke a strict MVC style of web programming in Aida by
introducing of so-called standalone web Apps, without a back link to the
domain object.

A perfect example will be included in 6.1:

        WebRegistrationApp

for registration process of a new user. Because we don't have any
appropriate domain model for a registration (because at the start we
don't know the user yet), it is good to have just an App with observee
as nil.

And how such App is registered? Simply as a whole class:

    site urlResolver
       defaultURL: '/registration.html'
       forObject: WebRegistrationApp

Well, this way we are a bit close to the Iliad way to register such
simple apps.

Best regards
Janko

--