6.2 tests

Nicholas Moore

Janko,

After running the script that you described prior to upgrade I was able to install 6.2 cleanly without any problems - good work!

During testing (on VW) I came across a couple of snags:

1) The method String >> replaceSpecialCharacters contains or:or: which does not work in VW (but is ok in Pharo and Squeak). I changed it to:

replaceSpecialCharacters

|str|

str := self copy.

str do: [:ch | |ascii|

ascii := ch asInteger.

((ascii >= 65 and: [ ascii <= 90 ]) or: [

( ascii >= 97 and: [ ascii <= 122 ]) or: [ch isDigit or: [ch = $/ or: [ch = $.]]]])

ifFalse: [str replaceAll: ch with: $-]].

^str

2) I needed to upgrade my version of TinyMCE - richEditorInitScript has changed.

3) I have a problem with ajax calls. I previously used 'afterPostUpdate:' which is deprecated. I changed to 'onChangePostAndUpdate::' but that did not work (no error, simply nothing happened). I do not yet know why, I will need to do some debugging this week. I also found that the WebDemo ajax page did not work properly (the update and popup methods seemed to have no effect.

Therefore I am unsure whether the problem lies in my implementation or elsewhere. I reverted to my same app using 6.1 and the WebDemo ajax page worked perfectly. If anyone else could test this and see how the demo app works, that would save me some time.

By the way, I notice that WebApplication >> respondToAjaxRequest: is in the 'private-obsolete' protocol, should that be in 'private-ajax'?

Otherwise the new features look great, in particular I am looking forward to getting to grips with JSON.

Regards

Nicholas

--

Nicholas Moore

Skype: tsr_nicholas

Check out my Blog

"Still Running - that I may die in good health"

Re: 6.2 tests

Nicholas Moore

From the demo.html page for ajax in 6.2, when I click on 'click me for popup' I have trapped a SwazooStream. It generates a requestURI which is '/aidasession/ajax'.

On the 6.1 version the equivalent requestURI is 'demo.html' (as I would expect).

Where does the '/aidasession/ajax URI come from?

--

Nicholas Moore

Skype: tsr_nicholas

Check out my Blog

"Still Running - that I may die in good health"

Re: 6.2 tests

Janko Mivšek
Hi Nicolas,

On 14. 02. 2011 19:39, Nicholas Moore wrote:

> From the demo.html page for ajax in 6.2, when I click on 'click me for
> popup' I have trapped a SwazooStream. It generates a requestURI which is
> '/aidasession/ajax'.
>
> On the 6.1 version the equivalent requestURI is 'demo.html' (as I would
> expect).
>
> Where does the '/aidasession/ajax URI come from?

This is major new behavior on new event framework - all Ajax and
WebSocket JSON messages go to this Url, that is, to your session, which
then find the right App and pass it the event. This Url is in JavaScript
code, see WebStyle js13Events. The Url of actual page is included in
this message.

Inspect the WebRouter (AIDASite default router) if there is a route to
the session manager. If you did the upgrade script, it should be there
already. If not, rerun that addSessionManagerRoute line.

In Firebug's console, do you see any error messages?

Hope this helps
JAnko

> On Monday 14 Feb 2011 11:35:21 Nicholas Moore wrote:
>
>> Janko,
>

>> After running the script that you described prior to upgrade I was
> able to install 6.2 cleanly without any problems - good work!
>

>> During testing (on VW) I came across a couple of snags:
>

>> 1) The method String >> replaceSpecialCharacters contains or:or: which
> does not work in VW (but is ok in Pharo and Squeak). I changed it to:
>
>> replaceSpecialCharacters
>
>> |str|
>
>> str := self copy.
>
>> str do: [:ch | |ascii|
>
>> ascii := ch asInteger.
>
>> ((ascii >= 65 and: [ ascii <= 90 ]) or: [
>
>> ( ascii >= 97 and: [ ascii <= 122 ]) or: [ch isDigit or: [ch = $/ or:
> [ch = $.]]]])
>
>> ifFalse: [str replaceAll: ch with: $-]].
>
>> ^str
>

>> 2) I needed to upgrade my version of TinyMCE - richEditorInitScript
> has changed.
>

>> 3) I have a problem with ajax calls. I previously used
> 'afterPostUpdate:' which is deprecated. I changed to
> 'onChangePostAndUpdate::' but that did not work (no error, simply
> nothing happened). I do not yet know why, I will need to do some
> debugging this week. I also found that the WebDemo ajax page did not
> work properly (the update and popup methods seemed to have no effect.
>

>> Therefore I am unsure whether the problem lies in my implementation or
> elsewhere. I reverted to my same app using 6.1 and the WebDemo ajax page
> worked perfectly. If anyone else could test this and see how the demo
> app works, that would save me some time.
>

>> By the way, I notice that WebApplication >> respondToAjaxRequest: is
> in the 'private-obsolete' protocol, should that be in 'private-ajax'?
>

>> Otherwise the new features look great, in particular I am looking
> forward to getting to grips with JSON.
>

>> Regards
>

>> Nicholas
>

> --
>
> Nicholas Moore
>
> Skype: tsr_nicholas
>
> Check out my Blog <http://nicholasmoore.eu/blog.html>
>
> "Still Running - that I may die in good health"

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: 6.2 tests

Nicholas Moore

Excellent - I had not created the route explicitly to my blog site!

However the request subsequently failed here:

WebSession >> printHTMLPageOn: aStream for: aRequest on: aWebSession

aRequest urlString = '/aidasession/ajax' ifTrue:

because the actual request urlString is: 'http://mysite/aidasession/ajax'.

I have changed that test to:

(aRequest urlString containsSubstring: '/aidasession/ajax') ifTrue:

and everything works as desired.

Nicholas

On 14. 02. 2011 21:20, Nicholas Moore wrote:
> Excellent - I had not created the route explicitly to my blog site!
> However the request subsequently failed here:
> WebSession >> printHTMLPageOn: aStream for: aRequest on: aWebSession
> aRequest urlString = '/aidasession/ajax' ifTrue:
> because the actual request urlString is: 'http://mysite/aidasession/ajax'.
> I have changed that test to:
> (aRequest urlString containsSubstring: '/aidasession/ajax') ifTrue:>
> and everything works as desired.

This is interesting, from where aRequest urlString works differently in
 your image comparing with fresh install into vanilla VW 7.7 (for
nistance) image from Public Store. Can you try this too?

Best regards
Janko

> Nicholas
>
> On Monday 14 Feb 2011 19:51:06 Janko Mivšek wrote:
>
>> Hi Nicolas,
>

>> On 14. 02. 2011 19:39, Nicholas Moore wrote:
>

>> > From the demo.html page for ajax in 6.2, when I click on 'click me for
>
>> > popup' I have trapped a SwazooStream. It generates a requestURI which is
>
>> > '/aidasession/ajax'.
>

>> > On the 6.1 version the equivalent requestURI is 'demo.html' (as I would
>
>> > expect).
>

>> > Where does the '/aidasession/ajax URI come from?
>

>> This is major new behavior on new event framework - all Ajax and
>
>> WebSocket JSON messages go to this Url, that is, to your session, which
>
>> then find the right App and pass it the event. This Url is in JavaScript
>
>> code, see WebStyle js13Events. The Url of actual page is included in
>
>> this message.
>

>> Inspect the WebRouter (AIDASite default router) if there is a route to
>
>> the session manager. If you did the upgrade script, it should be there
>
>> already. If not, rerun that addSessionManagerRoute line.
>

>> In Firebug's console, do you see any error messages?
>

>> Hope this helps
>
>> JAnko

>> > able to install 6.2 cleanly without any problems - good work!

>> > does not work in VW (but is ok in Pharo and Squeak). I changed it to:

>> > [ch = $.]]]])

>> > has changed.

>> > 'afterPostUpdate:' which is deprecated. I changed to
>
>> > 'onChangePostAndUpdate::' but that did not work (no error, simply
>
>> > nothing happened). I do not yet know why, I will need to do some
>
>> > debugging this week. I also found that the WebDemo ajax page did not
>
>> > work properly (the update and popup methods seemed to have no effect.

>> > elsewhere. I reverted to my same app using 6.1 and the WebDemo ajax page
>
>> > worked perfectly. If anyone else could test this and see how the demo
>
>> > app works, that would save me some time.

>> > in the 'private-obsolete' protocol, should that be in 'private-ajax'?

>> > forward to getting to grips with JSON.

> --
>
> Nicholas Moore
>
> Skype: tsr_nicholas
>
> Check out my Blog <http://nicholasmoore.eu/blog.html>
>
> "Still Running - that I may die in good health"

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: 6.2 tests

Nicholas Moore

My image sits behind Apache and uses several virtual hosts - if that makes any difference.

I will be able to test later in the week.

Nicholas

--

Nicholas Moore

Check out my Blog

"Still Running - that I may die in good health"

Re: 6.2 tests

Nicholas Moore

I have tested with a vanilla VW and it works as you would expect - good news. I used several different local variations in my hosts file and all worked okay - returning 'aidasession/ajax'.

So then I returned to my own image and retested it - but was not able to reproduce the error - it too returned the correct value. There must have been some spurious condition associated with my previous test image and perhaps earlier exceptions.

Anyway, all works as expected and my sites are now live with 6.2.