60494 Red-pane-of-death when sources file missing

60494 Red-pane-of-death when sources file missing

Ben Coman
We must be getting close to Pharo 6 Release.
Due to missing PharoV60.soruces file, image 60494 get a red-pane-of-death in class pane. Even though the release would bypass this by including the file, we should be more robust to the missing sources file.  Hopefully this fix can make it last minute into the release...

cheers -ben

Re: 60494 Red-pane-of-death when sources file missing

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Ben,

On May 21, 2017, at 9:01 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

We must be getting close to Pharo 6 Release.
Due to missing PharoV60.soruces file, image 60494 get a red-pane-of-death in class pane. Even though the release would bypass this by including the file, we should be more robust to the missing sources file.  Hopefully this fix can make it last minute into the release...

cheers -ben

I don't know if this is related but an image Max Leske provided me to look at ImageSegments I noticed that start up without a sources file took of the order of a minute, whereas startup with a source file was the usual snappy affair.  Max's image is Pharo6.0 [Latest update: #60482].  I've attached the PharoDebug.log

PharoDebug.log (27K) Download Attachment