64 bit Linux VM?

Yoshiki Ohshima-2
  Hi,

Does anybody have, or is willing to make, a Linux VM for the "x86_64"
CPU, and possibly include it in the To-Go package?

I was asked that To-Go package does not work on such an installation,
which is now common.

-- Yoshiki

Re: 64 bit Linux VM?

Yoshiki Ohshima-2
At Sat, 29 Oct 2011 09:23:18 -0700,
Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> Does anybody have, or is willing to make, a Linux VM for the "x86_64"
> CPU, and possibly include it in the To-Go package?
>
> I was asked that To-Go package does not work on such an installation,
> which is now common.

  Just for the heck of it, I compiled a VM for Linux-x86_64.  If you
have such a platform, download

  http://tinlizzie.org/~ohshima/Linux-x86_64.tar.gz

and unpack it just to the side of Linux-i686.  Let me (and Bert) know
if it works well or not.

-- Yoshiki

Re: 64 bit Linux VM?

Steve Thomas
Sorry meant to reply to dev before.

Found one bug, I was able to save a project locally and open the saved project.  I was able to login to squeakland, but when I tried to open a project from the squeakland repository got an exception. (See log)

Stephen

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Steve Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Unpacked and ran on 64 bit Ubuntu 11.10 and it opened fine and was able to run simple Kedama script.

Stephen

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> Does anybody have, or is willing to make, a Linux VM for the "x86_64"
> CPU, and possibly include it in the To-Go package?
>
> I was asked that To-Go package does not work on such an installation,
> which is now common.

 Just for the heck of it, I compiled a VM for Linux-x86_64.  If you
have such a platform, download

 http://tinlizzie.org/~ohshima/Linux-x86_64.tar.gz

and unpack it just to the side of Linux-i686.  Let me (and Bert) know
if it works well or not.

-- Yoshiki

SqueakDebug.log (5K) Download Attachment

Re: 64 bit Linux VM?

Yoshiki Ohshima-2
At Sat, 29 Oct 2011 16:03:46 -0400,
Steve Thomas wrote:

> Sorry meant to reply to dev before.
>
> Found one bug, I was able to save a project locally and open the saved project.  I was able to login to squeakland, but when I tried to open a project from the squeakland repository got an
> exception. (See log)

  Hmm, I can load the projects I made before from Squeakland showcase,
save a new one and load that one.  Your error log suggests that it was
a case of file corruption.  I haven't tried this sequence for some
long time but I'd suspect that the server-side.

BTW, I also got a report from another user that some of the tutorial
projects (CarAndPen) on the server does not load.

-- Yoshiki