8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

64-bit and iOS 8 Requirements Start Soon

Maarten Mostert

For those of you who missed this ....

As a reminder, beginning February 1, 2015 new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with theiOS 8 SDK. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of “Standard architectures” to build a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code. 

Maarten MOSTERT

28 Av Alphonse Denis

Hyères

+33 676411296 

http://stakepoint.com/

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 64-bit and iOS 8 Requirements Start Soon

Steven Kelly

At the risk of stating the obvious: that’s iOS, which VW can’t target anyway.

From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of [hidden email]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 6:26 PM
To: VWNC
Subject: [vwnc] 64-bit and iOS 8 Requirements Start Soon

As a reminder, beginning February 1, 2015 new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with theiOS 8 SDK. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of “Standard architectures” to build a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code. 

Maarten MOSTERT

28 Av Alphonse Denis

Hyères

+33 676411296 

Reply | Threaded
|

Maarten Mostert

That is true of course Steve but notice that the Appstore has been closed down for us since a long time.

This next is currently the only outstanding error I now encounter when uploading my app to the Appstore, with a VW8.0 build:

ERROR ITMS-90240: "Unsupported Architectures. Only i386 and x86_64 binaries are supported. Your executable contained the disallowed architectures '[ppc64 (in com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcairo.2.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpixman-1.0.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpng15.0.dylib), ppc (in com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/MacOS/visual), ppc7400 (in com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcairo.2.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpixman-1.0.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpng15.0.dylib)]'."

Please notice that the powerpc architecture in the VW8.0 binaries reached obsolete status in august 2013.

Lets be clear however, I LOVE this new VW8.0 release and its the best I have ever seen in years.

Also without a nice skinned interface I probably would not even have dared publishing my app to the app store, but now its there its very frustrating not to be compliant.

Hope this is understandable....

Regards,

@+Maarten,

> "Steven Kelly" <[hidden email]> |

Maarten MOSTERT

28 Av Alphonse Denis

Hyères

+33 676411296 

Reply | Threaded
|

Steven Kelly

Thanks Marten, I didn’t know that. Odd to disallow something – and annoying for us and Cincom. I guess if Cincom wants to get money from supporting Mac OS X they should make a non-ppc build as well as the universal. Maybe it’s possible to strip out the ppc parts from the current binaries: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5739262/how-do-i-remove-the-ppc-section-in-growl-framework?

Steve

Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:28 PM
Cc: VWNC
Subject: Re: [vwnc] 64-bit and iOS 8 Requirements Start Soon

That is true of course Steve but notice that the Appstore has been closed down for us since a long time.

This next is currently the only outstanding error I now encounter when uploading my app to the Appstore, with a VW8.0 build:

ERROR ITMS-90240: "Unsupported Architectures. Only i386 and x86_64 binaries are supported. Your executable contained the disallowed architectures '[ppc64 (in com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcairo.2.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpixman-1.0.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpng15.0.dylib), ppc (in com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/MacOS/visual), ppc7400 (in com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcairo.2.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpixman-1.0.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpng15.0.dylib)]'."

Please notice that the powerpc architecture in the VW8.0 binaries reached obsolete status in august 2013.

Lets be clear however, I LOVE this new VW8.0 release and its the best I have ever seen in years.

Also without a nice skinned interface I probably would not even have dared publishing my app to the app store, but now its there its very frustrating not to be compliant.

Regards,

@+Maarten,

From: [hidden email] [[hidden email]] On Behalf Of [hidden email]

Maarten MOSTERT

28 Av Alphonse Denis

Hyères

+33 676411296 

Reply | Threaded
|

Samuel S. Shuster-2
In reply to this post by Maarten Mostert
There is a utility called Xslimmer, which strips out the PPC code from executables. I know it works for the Mac VM without any problems (I've tried it successfully), but I don't know if is enough to get past the IOS gateways.

On Jan 28, 2015, at 5:28 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Regards,

@+Maarten,

From: [hidden email] [mailto:vwnc-[hidden email]] On Behalf Of [hidden email]

Maarten MOSTERT

28 Av Alphonse Denis
Hyères
+33 676411296 

And So It Goes
                                     Sames

Samuel S. Shuster [|]

Reply | Threaded
|

Antony Blakey-5
Licensed users get the VM source, which means you can build your own VM. It won't give you a 64 bit OS X VM, but it will give you a non-PPC build, and with a little bit of work you can build against the 10.10 SDK. You can build those other libraries in the same manner.

> On 28 Jan 2015, at 21:58, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> That is true of course Steve but notice that the Appstore has been closed down for us since a long time.
>
> This next is currently the only outstanding error I now encounter when uploading my app to the Appstore, with a VW8.0 build:
>
> ERROR ITMS-90240: "Unsupported Architectures. Only i386 and x86_64 binaries are supported. Your executable contained the disallowed architectures '[ppc64 (in com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcairo.2.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpixman-1.0.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpng15.0.dylib), ppc (in com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/MacOS/visual), ppc7400 (in com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcairo.2.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpixman-1.0.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpng15.0.dylib)]'."
>
> Please notice that the powerpc architecture in the VW8.0 binaries reached obsolete status in august 2013.
>
> Lets be clear however, I LOVE this new VW8.0 release and its the best I have ever seen in years.
> Also without a nice skinned interface I probably would not even have dared publishing my app to the app store, but now its there its very frustrating not to be compliant.
>
> Hope this is understandable....
>
> Regards,
>
> @+Maarten,
>
>> "Steven Kelly" <[hidden email]> |
>
> At the risk of stating the obvious: that’s iOS, which VW can’t target anyway.
>
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of [hidden email]
> Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 6:26 PM
> To: VWNC
> Subject: [vwnc] 64-bit and iOS 8 Requirements Start Soon
>
> For those of you who missed this ....
>
> 64-bit and iOS 8 Requirements Start Soon
>
> January 19, 2015
> As a reminder, beginning February 1, 2015 new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with theiOS 8 SDK. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of “Standard architectures” to build a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code.
>
> Maarten MOSTERT
>
>
>
> 28 Av Alphonse Denis
> Hyères
> +33 676411296
> http://stakepoint.com/
>
> _______________________________________________
> vwnc mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/vwnc

Antony Blakey
--------------------------
Ph: +61 438 840 787

Political language . . . is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
 -- George Orwell

Reply | Threaded
|

Maarten Mostert

Kartsen,

If you were a girl I would kiss you on the mouth, this worked  !!!

I just posted my application to the appstore, and saw this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5hjuafj3lhc533/2015-01-28_18-43-41.png?dl=0

There is still lots of work to do, but this is starting to become a very exciting experience, thank you all.

Maarten MOSTERT

28 Av Alphonse Denis

83400 Hyères, France

+33 676411296 

> "Karsten Kusche" <[hidden email]> |

Hi Maarten,
to remove the ppc architecture from the vm, you can use the command line tool lipo. It’ll allow you to remove architectures from a universal binary.
Kind Regards
Karsten

-- 
Karsten Kusche - Dipl. Inf. (FH) - [hidden email]
Georg Heeg eK - Köthen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Dortmund A 12812 

Am 28. Januar 2015 bei 12:34:39, [hidden email] ([hidden email]) schrieb:

Regards,

@+Maarten,

Maarten MOSTERT

28 Av Alphonse Denis

Hyères

+33 676411296 

Reply | Threaded
|

Maarten Mostert-2
Unfortunately I was happy to early. 

This is what I found in my mailbox this morning from apple:

Dear developer,
We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "StakePoint Project-Portfolio". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:
Missing DWARF data - Your app does not include DWARF data with architecture information in Contents/MacOS/visual . In your Xcode build settings, ensure that the debug information is set to "DWARF with dSYM" and that the list of valid architectures does not include PPC.
Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.
Regards,
The App Store team

On 28 Jan 2015, at 21:12, [hidden email] wrote:

Kartsen,
If you were a girl I would kiss you on the mouth, this worked  !!!
I just posted my application to the appstore, and saw this.
There is still lots of work to do, but this is starting to become a very exciting experience, thank you all.

Maarten MOSTERT

28 Av Alphonse Denis
83400 Hyères, France
+33 676411296 

> "Karsten Kusche" <[hidden email]> |

Hi Maarten,
to remove the ppc architecture from the vm, you can use the command line tool lipo. It’ll allow you to remove architectures from a universal binary.
Kind Regards
Karsten

-- 
Karsten Kusche - Dipl. Inf. (FH) - [hidden email]
Georg Heeg eK - Köthen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Dortmund A 12812 

Am 28. Januar 2015 bei 12:34:39, [hidden email] ([hidden email]) schrieb:

ERROR ITMS-90240: "Unsupported Architectures. Only i386 and x86_64 binaries are supported. Your executable contained the disallowed architectures '[ppc64 (in com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcairo.2.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpixman-1.0.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpng15.0.dylib), ppc (in com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/MacOS/visual), ppc7400 (in com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcairo.2.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpixman-1.0.dylib, com.stakepoint.portfolio.pkg/Payload/StakePoint.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpng15.0.dylib)]'."

Regards,

@+Maarten,

From: [hidden email] [[hidden email]] On Behalf Of [hidden email]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 6:26 PM
To: VWNC
Subject: [vwnc] 64-bit and iOS 8 Requirements Start Soon

Maarten MOSTERT

28 Av Alphonse Denis
Hyères
+33 676411296