[7.4.1] Space in HTTP headers

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Attached are two changes to add space after $: in the HTTP headers. I
realize that HTTP (1.0/1.1) RFCs allow for no separator between header
name and value, but I recently came across two tools that fail to parse
headers that do not include the space, specifically Webserver Stress
Tool 7 from Paessler and Charles Web Debugging Tool. For instance the
stress tool would re-send the cookie without the first character,
resulting in an endless loop when wave would keep on creating new
sessions every time since cookie name didn't match :)

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

MessageHeaders-sendOver.st (690 bytes) Download Attachment
Response-writeCookies.st (794 bytes) Download Attachment

[7.4.1] smalltalk text editor

Ford Stone

Greetings all:

I've been looking at the jedit code editor, and wonder if there is
something equivalent - or better - for VWNC. I've been out of the
programming biz for so long I don't know if Store has such a package). I
particularly need one that will manage bracket matching better than I
can on my own.
If not, is there a VWNC plug-in for jedit?
Question 3 -- is there a "case" command for smalltalk, other than the
"hidden" object transmutation procedure? (I'm working on code snippits
and want to keep things as uncomplicated as possible.)

Ford

Re: [7.4.1] Space in HTTP headers

Alan Knight-2
Thanks. I've created AR 51302 for this.

--
Alan Knight [|], Cincom Smalltalk Development
http://www.cincom.com/smalltalk

"The Static Typing Philosophy: Make it fast. Make it right. Make it run." - Niall Ross

Re: [7.4.1] smalltalk text editor

Milan Čermák
Hello Ford,

Ford Stone wrote:

> Greetings all:
>
> I've been looking at the jedit code editor, and wonder if there is
> something equivalent - or better - for VWNC. I've been out of the
> programming biz for so long I don't know if Store has such a package). I
> particularly need one that will manage bracket matching better than I
> can on my own.

as far as I know, there isn't any file based code editor for smalltalk.
There is no need for such thing because smalltalk itself doesn't manage
the source code in separate files. Rather you modify living system.
(Don't worry. You won't put it down that easy.)
Have a look at RefactoringBrowser (In Launcher's menu Browse>>System).
It's much convenient way of programming.

> If not, is there a VWNC plug-in for jedit?

Same goes here. No need for such thing.

> Question 3 -- is there a "case" command for smalltalk, other than the
> "hidden" object transmutation procedure? (I'm working on code snippits
> and want to keep things as uncomplicated as possible.)

In many cases you can avoid case statement by object polymorfism. If
there is no way for polymorfism the most common approach is to write
"if-tree".

<condition1> ifTrue: [^<first branch>].
<condition2> ifTrue: [^<second branch>].
.
.
.
<default branch>

Regards,
--
Ing. Milan Čermák
programátor, analytik

e-FRACTAL, s.r.o. => e-business driven company
nám. Míru 15, Praha 2, http://www.e-fractal.cz
tel: 222 512 000, fax: 222 515 000

Re: [7.4.1] smalltalk text editor

Steve Aldred
Ford Stone wrote:

> ...I particularly need one that will manage bracket matching better
> than I can on my own...
If you're editing Smalltalk in VW load the HyperCodeHighlighting package
it highlights matching brackets on mouseover, amongst many other things.
> Question 3 -- is there a "case" command for smalltalk, other than the
> "hidden" object transmutation procedure? (I'm working on code snippits
> and want to keep things as uncomplicated as possible.)
Smalltalk does not have a case statement as it is intended for use with
OO designs where polymorphism is used instead of a case. Its far more
maintainable that way. What is the 'hidden object transmutation procedure'?

cheers
Steve A

Re: [7.4.1] smalltalk text editor

Dave Stevenson-2
For bracket (or parentheses) matching, just click the mouse to the right
of the opening bracket.  Click the same spot once more, and everything
within the matching brackets is highlighted.  If the highlight goes
through the end of the code, it did not find a matching end bracket.

Also, you may (or may not) like the enhancement in this parcel:
        ~\contributed\RBCodeHighlighting\RBCodeHighlighting.pcl

Dave