[7.4.1] XML marshaling question

Rob Vens-2
I have added a new GenericSettingDescriptor subclass containing a
Dictionary with keys Strings, and values OrderedCollections.
Can anybody help me in serialising/deserialising this Dictionary
instance to XML, which is what these subclasses need to do in the
overruled method:

GenericSettingDescriptor >> addStateXmlElementsTo: anElement
        "Subclasses with persistable state must redefine this method to
store
        their state in the XML element passed as the argument.
        The argument is the <state> child of the <setting> node created
to represent this setting.
        Subclasses in which #hasPersistableState answers false do not
need to redefine it."

        self subclassResponsibility

In 7.4 I made use of Net.Settings code which is gone in 7.4.1, so
probably I am expected to do this differently now. I am not familiar
with the XML framework in VW.

RE: [7.4.1] XML marshaling question

Kogan, Tamara
> Subject: [7.4.1] XML marshaling question
>
> I have added a new GenericSettingDescriptor subclass containing a
> Dictionary with keys Strings, and values OrderedCollections.
> Can anybody help me in serialising/deserialising this Dictionary
> instance to XML, which is what these subclasses need to do in the
> overruled method:
>
> GenericSettingDescriptor >> addStateXmlElementsTo: anElement
> "Subclasses with persistable state must redefine this method to
> store
> their state in the XML element passed as the argument.
> The argument is the <state> child of the <setting> node created
> to represent this setting.
> Subclasses in which #hasPersistableState answers false do not
> need to redefine it."
>
> self subclassResponsibility
>
> In 7.4 I made use of Net.Settings code which is gone in 7.4.1, so
> probably I am expected to do this differently now. I am not familiar
> with the XML framework in VW.

The code is not gone. In 7.4.1 we separated GUI code in to the
NetConfigTool package. If you load this parcel you will get all
extensions back.

Tamara