[7.5 Store] Duplicate Methods in DB

Andre Schnoor
For some reason I've got a few duplicate method records in a Store
package. The transcript shows a warning. How could that happen?

I remember I was originally loading the package from a parcel and then a
little later reconciling it with the Store package. I then wondered why
there are so many "empty" classes listed in the package (i.e. no methods
or shared variables, just the class name with empty protocols).

After cleaning up the package in the image (removed several overrides)
and publishing it, it still loads the old duplicate methods. It seems
the dupes weren't removed from the DB.

Is there a safe way to clean this up?

--
Andre

Re: [7.5 Store] Duplicate Methods in DB

Ralf Propach
Andre Schnoor wrote:

> For some reason I've got a few duplicate method records in a Store
> package. The transcript shows a warning. How could that happen?
>
> I remember I was originally loading the package from a parcel and then a
> little later reconciling it with the Store package. I then wondered why
> there are so many "empty" classes listed in the package (i.e. no methods
> or shared variables, just the class name with empty protocols).
>
> After cleaning up the package in the image (removed several overrides)
> and publishing it, it still loads the old duplicate methods. It seems
> the dupes weren't removed from the DB.
>
> Is there a safe way to clean this up?

Hi Andre,

the class Package contains two instance side methods:
searchAndDestroyDuplicateMethods and searchAndDestroyDuplicateStatics.
I have used them once or twice and they worked and did not destroy my database.
I hope that is safe enough for you.

Ralf

--
Ralf Propach, [hidden email]
Tel: +49 231 975 99 38   Fax: +49 231 975 99 20