[7.7.1] "Ambigious References" menu item is ... ambiguous?

[7.7.1] "Ambigious References" menu item is ... ambiguous?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)

I’ve been meaning to ask about this for a long time, but here goes. Upon loading our bundle from scratch, the menu item “Ambiguous References” suggests that some “(exist)”, yet upon clicking it new empty browser window comes up with a somewhat philosophical title of “Ambiguous Binding References (accept to discover)”… Didn’t I just come here to discover? If not, what do I need to accept? So far it looks like I need to accept that there’s nothing to discover, because if I now look at the menu item in the launcher the “(exists)” label suffix is gone…

Here are some pictures to show what I’m talking about,

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6265/visualworks/7.7.1.ambiguous/1.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6265/visualworks/7.7.1.ambiguous/2.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6265/visualworks/7.7.1.ambiguous/3.png

-Boris

--

DeepCove Labs Ltd.

+1 (604) 689-0322

4th floor, 595 Howe Street

Vancouver, British Columbia

Canada V6C 2T5

http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4

PacNet Services (Europe) Ltd.

+353 (0)61 714-360

Shannon Airport House, SFZ

County Clare, Ireland

http://tinyurl.com/y952amr

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email is intended only for the persons named in the message header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete the entire message including any attachments.

Thank you.

Re: [7.7.1] "Ambigious References" menu item is ... ambiguous?

Julian Fitzell-4
Re: [vwnc] [7.7.1] "Ambigious References" menu item is ... ambiguous? (Niall Ross replying from Julian Fitzell’s email)

The Ambiguous References (exist) state is cached.  At the moment our non-commercial visual.im gets its state set to be on during creation and is not cleared, so you will see ‘(exists)’.  There may be other ways to set the cache and then resolve but without resetting the cache.  This is being reworked and will not be the case next release.  Meanwhile, you may occasionally see exists, open it and see nothing, which means that an old state was reset by the act of opening.

Yours faithfully
Niall Ross