7.7.1 - Edit Bundle Specification menu

Steve Whitson
  Hi,

In a 7.7.1 image I created a bundle and added some things to it.  Now I
want to change it (re-order, validate, etc).  So,  I'm accustomed to an
'Edit Bundle Specification...' menu in the RB, but I don't see one in
7.7.1.  I just checked, the menu is there in 7.7.

Am I missing something?

Thanks much,
     -Steve

Re: 7.7.1 - Edit Bundle Specification menu

Steve Whitson
  Interesting... in the store "published items" browser, I can select an
image bundle (the top one if it is loaded), and select 'list contents'.
In the browser that opens there is a 'Change' menu that has 'Edit
Specification'... but it is grayed out.  Odd new 'Change' menu for
"image" bundles which isn't present when listing content of a bundle
version in store.

On 9/23/2010 2:55 PM, Steve Whitson wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> In a 7.7.1 image I created a bundle and added some things to it.  Now
> I want to change it (re-order, validate, etc).  So,  I'm accustomed to
> an 'Edit Bundle Specification...' menu in the RB, but I don't see one
> in 7.7.1.  I just checked, the menu is there in 7.7.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks much,
>     -Steve

Re: 7.7.1 - Edit Bundle Specification menu

Andres Valloud-6
Look in the RB, there is a bundle structure tab in which you can modify
the structure of a bundle.

On 9/23/2010 12:55 PM, Steve Whitson wrote:

>    Hi,
>
> In a 7.7.1 image I created a bundle and added some things to it.  Now I
> want to change it (re-order, validate, etc).  So,  I'm accustomed to an
> 'Edit Bundle Specification...' menu in the RB, but I don't see one in
> 7.7.1.  I just checked, the menu is there in 7.7.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks much,
>       -Steve

Re: 7.7.1 - Edit Bundle Specification menu

kobetic
A new 'Bundle Structure' tool (tab) should appear in the RB when you select a bundle.

""Steve Whitson"<[hidden email]> wrote:
> In a 7.7.1 image I created a bundle and added some things to it.  Now I
> want to change it (re-order, validate, etc).  So,  I'm accustomed to an
> 'Edit Bundle Specification...' menu in the RB, but I don't see one in
> 7.7.1.  I just checked, the menu is there in 7.7.

Re: 7.7.1 - Edit Bundle Specification menu

Steve Whitson
  Thanks much for the quick response! :)

I also see that the 'Edit Specification' is enabled in the Store
Published Items browser, when listing contents of a bundle, then select
a sub-bundle in that bundle... a bit limited (sub-bundles only, and only
for something that is in the image).

I seem to recall a 'Republish Bundle...' menu pick in the Store
Published Items browser.... can we please have THAT back?  :)  I used it
once in a while when in a bind...

Thanks again,
     -Steve

On 9/23/2010 3:09 PM, Andres Valloud wrote:

> Look in the RB, there is a bundle structure tab in which you can modify
> the structure of a bundle.
>
> On 9/23/2010 12:55 PM, Steve Whitson wrote:
>>     Hi,
>>
>> In a 7.7.1 image I created a bundle and added some things to it.  Now I
>> want to change it (re-order, validate, etc).  So,  I'm accustomed to an
>> 'Edit Bundle Specification...' menu in the RB, but I don't see one in
>> 7.7.1.  I just checked, the menu is there in 7.7.
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>>
>> Thanks much,
>>        -Steve

Re: 7.7.1 - Edit Bundle Specification menu

Steve Whitson
I forgot to mention 'great improvement' in the capability of the 'Bundle Structure' tab, compared to the prior Bundle Specification Editor, I appropriate the change!

Is there a way to validate the bundle order now (aside from attempting to load it)?  We currently don't use the Atomic loader (do to some load order issues and our use of bundles to resolve prereqs based on bundle ordering), therefore load order is important to us.

Maybe you could point me to what you actually use (class and method(s)) to compute load order when using the atomic loader?  That might help me in more than one way! :)

Thanks much,
    -Steve