[7.7.1] Publishing merge result leaves pundles scratched?

[7.7.1] Publishing merge result leaves pundles scratched?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)

I’ve seen this a number of times in 7.7 and was hoping that it was resolved in 7.7.1, but I am still noticing that after publishing results of a merge, the main pundle and its children that had changes remain marked as scratched even though change tool shows no changes,

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6265/visualworks/7.7.1.scratch/merge.png

Any ideas?

-Boris

--

DeepCove Labs Ltd.

+1 (604) 689-0322

4th floor, 595 Howe Street

Vancouver, British Columbia

Canada V6C 2T5

http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4

PacNet Services (Europe) Ltd.

+353 (0)61 714-360

Shannon Airport House, SFZ

County Clare, Ireland

http://tinyurl.com/y952amr

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email is intended only for the persons named in the message header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete the entire message including any attachments.

Thank you.

Re: [7.7.1] Publishing merge result leaves pundles scratched?

Georg Heeg

Boris,

There is AR 61003 for this issue. To my knowledge, there is no solution available yet.

What we observed: Only bundles are marked dirty (packages are clean).

What we do as Work-Around: After publishing we load the just published bundle. This is much faster than reconciling.

Georg

Georg Heeg eK, Dortmund und Köthen, HR Dortmund A 12812

Tel. +49-3496-214328, Fax +49-3496-214712

Re: [7.7.1] Publishing merge result leaves pundles scratched?

Steven Kelly

In 7.6 I added a command “Reconcile Just Bundle”, which was much faster since it did not reconcile the contained packages:

“Reconciles just the bundle to that version - rather than a full reconcile, which will reconcile its packages to the versions in the db bundle version, making for lots of changed packages. Useful if you've just been loading / publishing new packages without keeping the bundle itself up to date, and somebody else has published newer versions of the bundle.”

Store.BundleModel>>reconcileJustBundle

                "Select a database pundle as the new parent of the receiver, but leave contents' parent links as they are."

                self selectVersion ifNotNil: [:dbPundle |

                                self setNoTrace.

                                self initializeForReconcileWith: dbPundle.

                                super reconcileWithDb: dbPundle].