7.7.1 compare tool: Missing menu items due to shortPrintString

7.7.1 compare tool: Missing menu items due to shortPrintString

Holger Kleinsorgen-4
Hello,

some menu items like "revert" are missing in the new compare tool
because there's a packaging problem:

AbstractComparisonRollupView>>storeObjectVersionLabel sends
#shortPrintString to timestamps, but is only implement for Date and Time
in the base image.

Timestamp>>shortPrintString is implemented in SUnitToo(ls)...

Re: 7.7.1 compare tool: Missing menu items due to shortPrintString

Travis Griggs-4

On Sep 23, 2010, at 3:27 AM, Holger Kleinsorgen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> some menu items like "revert" are missing in the new compare tool
> because there's a packaging problem:
>
> AbstractComparisonRollupView>>storeObjectVersionLabel sends
> #shortPrintString to timestamps, but is only implement for Date and
> Time
> in the base image.
>
> Timestamp>>shortPrintString is implemented in SUnitToo(ls)...

Queue the shameful plug for conspiratorial promotion of SUnitToo(ls)
on others... :D

Not really, at all.

To add salt to the wound, SUnitToo(ls) doesn't even use the
shortPrintString method anymore. So it's a dead code extension.

Thanks for the diagnosis Holger. Just put 61186 for review (it's
marked critical). If Jerry gives me a green light, I'll post the
fileout differences for the two as a patch.

Sorry all.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist