[7.7] Bundle post-load runs too early

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)

I have a funny case which comes up about every second load, but is somewhat random beyond that non-scientific observation. In essence, the post-load action on our top bundle is being executed before all methods had been installed resulting in DNU exception. Here are the details,

Top Bundle (has post-load that calls "ODBCCLINTInterface new SQL_XML")

  - Level 2 Bundle

    - Level 3 Bundle

      - Level 4 Bundle

        - Level 5 Package (includes extension that defines ODBCCLIInterface>>SQL_XML; see below)

ODBCCLIInterface>>SQL_XML

  <C: #define SQL_XML -152>

Any ideas? It doesn't seem like #installBeforeContinuing is required here as post-load should only be executed after the code has been fully installed, no?

Regards,

-Boris

--

DeepCove Labs Ltd.

+1 (604) 689-0322

4th floor, 595 Howe Street

Vancouver, British Columbia

Canada V6C 2T5

http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4

PacNet Services (Europe) Ltd.

+353 (0)61 714-360

Shannon Airport House, SFZ

County Clare, Ireland

http://tinyurl.com/y952amr

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email is intended only for the persons named in the message header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete the entire message including any attachments.

Thank you.

Re: [7.7] Bundle post-load runs too early

Samuel S. Shuster-2
Boris:

> I have a funny case which comes up about every second load, but is somewhat random beyond that non-scientific observation. In essence, the post-load action on our top bundle is being executed before all methods had been installed resulting in DNU exception. Here are the details,
>
> Top Bundle (has post-load that calls "ODBCCLINTInterface new SQL_XML")
>   - Level 2 Bundle
>     - Level 3 Bundle
>       - Level 4 Bundle
>         - Level 5 Package (includes extension that defines ODBCCLIInterface>>SQL_XML; see below)
>
> ODBCCLIInterface>>SQL_XML
>   <C: #define SQL_XML -152>
>
> Any ideas? It doesn't seem like #installBeforeContinuing is required here as post-load should only be executed after the code has been fully installed, no?

No, #installBeforeContinuing shouldn't be required.

Is it possible for you to capture the stack when the DNU happens? It may be helpful to us.

                                And So It Goes
                                     Sames

Samuel S. Shuster [|]
VisualWorks Engineering, Store Project
Smalltalk Enables Success -- What Are YOU Using?

Re: [7.7] Bundle post-load runs too early

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [vwnc] [7.7] Bundle post-load runs too early

I'll try and get that for you, funny when I did Ctrl+Y today it didn't break into the process raising the dialog and process monitor had other exceptions with selection. It would be ideal if the dialog notifying of exception during code load had a debug button in addition to proceed and cancel.

-Boris (via BlackBerry)