[8.5.2] EsScanner>>#nextToken minor discrepancy

[8.5.2] EsScanner>>#nextToken minor discrepancy

Richard Sargent
Administrator
EsScanner>>#nextToken will prohibit using a minus character as the second position of a binary selector, but it will allow it for the corresponding Symbol literal.

e.g., I can have the Symbol:
#--

but I cannot have the binary selector:
--

This isn't a significant issue. It would be worse in the opposite case.
(And of course the best way to resolve this is to implement the ANSI specification of binarySelector.)

Re: [8.5.2] EsScanner>>#nextToken minor discrepancy

Seth Berman
Thanks Richard,

I will be in this general area early next release, so I will review this.
Case 56229 opened,

-- Seth

On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:59:55 PM UTC-4, Richard Sargent wrote:
EsScanner>>#nextToken will prohibit using a minus character as the second position of a binary selector, but it will allow it for the corresponding Symbol literal.

e.g., I can have the Symbol:
#--

but I cannot have the binary selector:
--

This isn't a significant issue. It would be worse in the opposite case.
(And of course the best way to resolve this is to implement the ANSI specification of binarySelector.)

Re: [8.5.2] EsScanner>>#nextToken minor discrepancy

Richard Sargent
Administrator
Thanks, Seth. I hope the reason you will be in there will be to support ANSI binarySelectors!

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Seth Berman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Richard,

I will be in this general area early next release, so I will review this.
Case 56229 opened,

-- Seth

On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:59:55 PM UTC-4, Richard Sargent wrote:
EsScanner>>#nextToken will prohibit using a minus character as the second position of a binary selector, but it will allow it for the corresponding Symbol literal.

e.g., I can have the Symbol:
#--

but I cannot have the binary selector:
--

This isn't a significant issue. It would be worse in the opposite case.
(And of course the best way to resolve this is to implement the ANSI specification of binarySelector.)

Re: [8.5.2] EsScanner>>#nextToken minor discrepancy

Seth Berman
Hi Richard,

Well, I'll actually be working more with the compiler, but I see there is an existing case 50484 to address ANSI binary selectors that has been scheduled to be reviewed for the next release.  So we will be having a discussion on it soon.

-- Seth

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Seth Berman <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="8t80uJZBgLcJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">sbe...@...> wrote: