[8.5.2] Limits on Device Independent Image dimensions

[8.5.2] Limits on Device Independent Image dimensions

Richard Sargent
Administrator
CgDeviceIndependentImage class>>#width:height:depth:palette:scanlinePad:data: has a comment which claims to handle 32 bit deep images.
Table 117 in Appendix D. Common graphics platform differences claims that 32 bit is not supported.

Simplistic testing seems to support the documentation's claim over that of the code. Specifically, if I inspect a CgDeviceIndependentImage with depth = 32, the inspector cannot display the image (to the left of "self"). If I hack the depth instance variable to 24, suddenly the inspector can display an image. (It is a garbage image, but that isn't a surprise.)

It would be nice if VA could display 32 bit images, too.

[This was discovered on a Windows 7 platform.]

Re: [8.5.2] Limits on Device Independent Image dimensions

dmacq
Hi Richard,

We are aware of this limitation and are actively working on it.

Donald

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 7:07:42 PM UTC-4, Richard Sargent wrote:
CgDeviceIndependentImage class>>#width:height:depth:palette:scanlinePad:data: has a comment which claims to handle 32 bit deep images.
Table 117 in Appendix D. Common graphics platform differences claims that 32 bit is not supported.

Simplistic testing seems to support the documentation's claim over that of the code. Specifically, if I inspect a CgDeviceIndependentImage with depth = 32, the inspector cannot display the image (to the left of "self"). If I hack the depth instance variable to 24, suddenly the inspector can display an image. (It is a garbage image, but that isn't a surprise.)

It would be nice if VA could display 32 bit images, too.

[This was discovered on a Windows 7 platform.]

Re: [8.5.2] Limits on Device Independent Image dimensions

Wayne Johnston
I suspect a 32-bit image is still a problem - correct?

Re: [8.5.2] Limits on Device Independent Image dimensions

darnold
Donald,
This is still broken as of 8,6,2, Any update as to when it might be fixed?

Thanks
Dave

On Friday, 28 March 2014 15:30:02 UTC-4, Donald MacQueen wrote:
[...]

Donald, Dave is out but should be able to send you a file later this week.