[8.6.2] - Packaging WBPro application - no Icon File support added by default

[8.6.2] - Packaging WBPro application - no Icon File support added by default

Marten Feldtmann-4
I think, this has been a problem in 8.6.1 too. When packaging WBPro application you will not get Icon file support added y default - that means WBPro will not show any Icons on buttons etc ...

Re: [8.6.2] - Packaging WBPro application - no Icon File support added by default

dmacq
Hi Marten,

The packager strips the classes that support (icon) images if it see no references to them. You should add this packaging rule:

CgImageSupport class>>#packagingRulesFor: (Private method)

    aPackagedImage doNotReduceClassNamed: #CgWinICOFileFormat.
    aPackagedImage doNotReduceClassNamed: #CgPMICOFileFormat.  "you can omit this if you are not using OS2 icons"

Happy New Year to all,
Donald [|]

On Tuesday, December 29, 2015 at 7:01:46 AM UTC-5, Marten Feldtmann wrote:
I think, this has been a problem in 8.6.1 too. When packaging WBPro application you will not get Icon file support added y default - that means WBPro will not show any Icons on buttons etc ...

Re: [8.6.2] - Packaging WBPro application - no Icon File support added by default

Marten Feldtmann-4
Ye, I know that - I did the same with the 8.6.1 release of PUM - but if you develop software with WBPro you might ask yourself without any real answer: where are my icons gone ?