[8.6.2] Packaging with OLE stuff again broken ?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[8.6.2] Packaging with OLE stuff again broken ?

Marten Feldtmann-4
I'm not sure what happens, but it seems for me, that packaging WB based stuff (and therefore incuding OLE stuff) seems to be broken again in 8.6.2.

I get execution errors while packaging my PUMModelling tool for the first time with 8.6.2

Its all about in the class AbtBaseOleApp>>packagerIncludeSelectors, where the exception ExMissingOleInterfaceSelectorsDefinition is thrown for the class OSICLRMetaHost, OSICLRRuntimeInfo, OSICLRRuntimeHost

Very strange: it happens only while packaging and NOT when calling this method alone ????????!

I've changed the method to:

packagerIncludeSelectors
    " Code below forces the #interfaceSelectors of all OSOleInterface subclasses to be packaged.
      Many of these selectors are not referenced elsewhere and would otherwise not be included. "

| collection |

collection := Set new.
    [
        OSOleInterface allSubclasses do: [:i |
            | selectors |
            (selectors := i interfaceSelectors) notNil ifTrue:[
                collection addAll:  selectors
            ]
        ]
    ]
    when: MissingOleInterfaceSelectorsDefinition
    do: [ :sig |
        Transcript cr ; show: sig printString.       
        sig resume ].

^collection

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/va-smalltalk.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [8.6.2] Packaging with OLE stuff again broken ?

John O'Keefe-3
Marten -

No, not broken. As a result of your case 56709 - ENVY/QA review on AbtBaseOleApp fails and 56836 - OSOle... class without interfaceSelectors causes walkback in tools (ENVY/QA, Packager) that uses them, we changed to throw a specific exception when an OLE class does not provide any interface selectors.

In response to 56709, I told you "The crash is happening because OSICLRMetaHost class does not provide any interface selectors. This class should send 'self interfaceSelectors: anArrayOfInterfaceSelectors' in its #initializeAfterLoad method."

Here is a note from the OSOleInterface class>>#interfaceSelectors method:

NOTE: All OLE Interfaces should have their interface selectors listed
  in interfaceSelectors, so it is incorrect for this method to answer nil.
  Therefore, we signal an exception if the interfaceSelectors class instance
  variable is nil. "

John

On Tuesday, December 29, 2015 at 3:55:10 AM UTC-5, Marten Feldtmann wrote:
I'm not sure what happens, but it seems for me, that packaging WB based stuff (and therefore incuding OLE stuff) seems to be broken again in 8.6.2.

I get execution errors while packaging my PUMModelling tool for the first time with 8.6.2

Its all about in the class AbtBaseOleApp>>packagerIncludeSelectors, where the exception ExMissingOleInterfaceSelectorsDefinition is thrown for the class OSICLRMetaHost, OSICLRRuntimeInfo, OSICLRRuntimeHost

Very strange: it happens only while packaging and NOT when calling this method alone ????????!

packagerIncludeSelectors
    " Code below forces the #interfaceSelectors of all OSOleInterface subclasses to be packaged.
      Many of these selectors are not referenced elsewhere and would otherwise not be included. "

| collection |

[
            | selectors |
            ]
        ]
    ]
        sig resume ].

^collection

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
Reply | Threaded
|

Marten Feldtmann-4
Hello John,

and what is now the (helping) answer to a customer (not me) not able to package its application ?????????????????????

Marten

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Marten Feldtmann-5
In reply to this post by John O'Keefe-3
And again under 9.0.0 this error prevents me from building images - so I have to patch 9.0.0 (in severl configuration maps) to get rid of this problem.

Marten

Am Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2016 20:00:14 UTC+1 schrieb John O'Keefe:
Marten -

No, not broken. As a result of your case 56709 - ENVY/QA review on AbtBaseOleApp fails and 56836 - OSOle... class without interfaceSelectors causes walkback in tools (ENVY/QA, Packager) that uses them, we changed to throw a specific exception when an OLE class does not provide any interface selectors.

In response to 56709, I told you "The crash is happening because OSICLRMetaHost class does not provide any interface selectors. This class should send 'self interfaceSelectors: anArrayOfInterfaceSelectors' in its #initializeAfterLoad method."

variable is nil. "

John

packagerIncludeSelectors

| collection |

[
            | selectors |
            ]
        ]
    ]
        sig resume ].

^collection

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Marten Feldtmann-5
As I found out today (07.08.2018) it has always been my own faulty code ... sorry

Marten

Am Dienstag, 3. Oktober 2017 17:49:55 UTC+2 schrieb Marten Feldtmann:
And again under 9.0.0 this error prevents me from building images - so I have to patch 9.0.0 (in severl configuration maps) to get rid of this problem.

Marten

Marten -

variable is nil. "

John

packagerIncludeSelectors

| collection |

[
            | selectors |
            ]
        ]
    ]
        sig resume ].

^collection

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Mariano Martinez Peck-2
Hi Marten,

Thanks for letting us know it was fixed. If possible, could you please give us some more details on which was the error and how did you fix it? Did you add some missing sends to #interfaceSelectors: in #initializeAfterLoad?   Did you have an accidental override of #packagerIncludeSelectors or #interfaceSelectors ?

Best regards, 

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 6:12 AM Marten Feldtmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
As I found out today (07.08.2018) it has always been my own faulty code ... sorry

Marten

Am Dienstag, 3. Oktober 2017 17:49:55 UTC+2 schrieb Marten Feldtmann:

Marten

Marten -

variable is nil. "

John

packagerIncludeSelectors

| collection |

[
            | selectors |
            ]
        ]
    ]
        sig resume ].

^collection

--

--
Mariano Martinez Peck
Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.
[hidden email]

--