[8.6.2] Packaging with OLE stuff again broken ?

[8.6.2] Packaging with OLE stuff again broken ?

Marten Feldtmann-4
I'm not sure what happens, but it seems for me, that packaging WB based stuff (and therefore incuding OLE stuff) seems to be broken again in 8.6.2.

I get execution errors while packaging my PUMModelling tool for the first time with 8.6.2

Its all about in the class AbtBaseOleApp>>packagerIncludeSelectors, where the exception ExMissingOleInterfaceSelectorsDefinition is thrown for the class OSICLRMetaHost, OSICLRRuntimeInfo, OSICLRRuntimeHost

Very strange: it happens only while packaging and NOT when calling this method alone ????????!

I've changed the method to:

packagerIncludeSelectors
    " Code below forces the #interfaceSelectors of all OSOleInterface subclasses to be packaged.
      Many of these selectors are not referenced elsewhere and would otherwise not be included. "

    | collection |

    collection := Set new.
    [
        OSOleInterface allSubclasses do: [:i |
            | selectors |
            (selectors := i interfaceSelectors) notNil ifTrue:[
                collection addAll:  selectors
            ]
        ]
    ]
    when: MissingOleInterfaceSelectorsDefinition
    do: [ :sig |
        Transcript cr ; show: sig printString.
        sig resume ].

    ^collection

Re: [8.6.2] Packaging with OLE stuff again broken ?

John O'Keefe-3
Marten -

No, not broken. As a result of your case 56709 - ENVY/QA review on AbtBaseOleApp fails and 56836 - OSOle... class without interfaceSelectors causes walkback in tools (ENVY/QA, Packager) that uses them, we changed to throw a specific exception when an OLE class does not provide any interface selectors.

In response to 56709, I told you "The crash is happening because OSICLRMetaHost class does not provide any interface selectors. This class should send 'self interfaceSelectors: anArrayOfInterfaceSelectors' in its #initializeAfterLoad method."

Here is a note from the OSOleInterface class>>#interfaceSelectors method:

  NOTE: All OLE Interfaces should have their interface selectors listed
  in interfaceSelectors, so it is incorrect for this method to answer nil.
  Therefore, we signal an exception if the interfaceSelectors class instance
  variable is nil. "

John

On Tuesday, December 29, 2015 at 3:55:10 AM UTC-5, Marten Feldtmann wrote:
[...]

Hello John,

and what is now the (helping) answer to a customer (not me) not able to package its application ?????????????????????

Marten

Re: [8.6.2] Packaging with OLE stuff again broken ?

Mariano Martinez Peck-2
Hi Marten,

Thanks for letting us know it was fixed. If possible, could you please give us some more details on which was the error and how did you fix it? Did you add some missing sends to #interfaceSelectors: in #initializeAfterLoad?   Did you have an accidental override of #packagerIncludeSelectors or #interfaceSelectors ?

Best regards,

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 6:12 AM Marten Feldtmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.