[9.1] Linux Server runtime installation problems

[9.1] Linux Server runtime installation problems

jtuchel
Hi,

up until 8.6.3 the installation of the server runtime was quite easy. Unzip, copy somewhere, run.

I used the same approach wirh 9.1 and am running into all kinds of problems because of the placeholder @vast_VERSION_MAJOR_MINOR@ in the start script and ini file from the /newimage folder.

So I guess I made something wrong. The readme.htm in the ZIP of the server runtime, however, states there is no install program or process, just unzip (just like in older versions).

This is a bit of an annoyance, because there are such things like

[PlatformLibrary Name Mappings]
Abt_Primitives=abtprc@vast_VERSION_MAJOR_MINOR@

Which now need manual editing and trial and error. Not funny on a headless server...

So did I do something wrong? Which document did I ignore (unwillingly)?

Joachim

Re: [9.1] Linux Server runtime installation problems

Seth Berman
Hi Joachim,

Sorry about this.  The server runtime files are one of the few items left that we have to create by hand...and this is usually where things go badly:)
What you are seeing are preprocessor variables that get replaced by our cmake build system.
I have replaced those with the actual values and re-uploaded to the site.
Please download when you get a chance and let me know if that corrects it.
Our build guy will be double-checking this when he gets back tomorrow.

Thanks

- Seth

On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 7:30:13 AM UTC-4, Joachim Tuchel wrote:
[...]

Seth,

thanks for looking into this.
I am not sure, however, if you guys have the slightest chance to guess where I'll be extracting the files to ;-) The only workable solution then is probably to ship an install program for the server runtime which replaces these variables -- most likely that is what you are talking about when you say "the few items left that we [...] create by hand"

Joachim