9 Pending Pull Requests for OpenSmalltalk VM

9 Pending Pull Requests for OpenSmalltalk VM

fniephaus

Hi all,

there are currently quite a few open pull requests on GitHub. It's absolutely great that the move to GitHub has really made it easier to contribute, but of course we also need to actually review and merge them at some point. The oldest PR is older than a month and there were only few comments on all of them in general.
So when you have some time, maybe have a look at:

Best,
Fabio

Re: 9 Pending Pull Requests for OpenSmalltalk VM

Tobias Pape

On 13.10.2016, at 09:55, Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> there are currently quite a few open pull requests on GitHub. It's absolutely great that the move to GitHub has really made it easier to contribute, but of course we also need to actually review and merge them at some point. The oldest PR is older than a month and there were only few comments on all of them in general.
> So when you have some time, maybe have a look at:
> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pulls

+1

Best regards
        -Tobias

Re: 9 Pending Pull Requests for OpenSmalltalk VM

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi All,

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 1:04 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

On <a href="tel:13.10.2016" value="+13102016">13.10.2016, at 09:55, Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> there are currently quite a few open pull requests on GitHub. It's absolutely great that the move to GitHub has really made it easier to contribute, but of course we also need to actually review and merge them at some point. The oldest PR is older than a month and there were only few comments on all of them in general.
> So when you have some time, maybe have a look at:
> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pulls

+1

Best regards
        -Tobias

I am responding to pull requests I feel confident in reviewing.  But I don't want to be in a position where I approve them all.  I hope those that consider themselves experienced will pitch in and review and approve (or reject) pull requests.  Don't be afraid.  A source control system allows us to undo our mistakes ;-)

And to those whose pull requests are languishing, let me apologise.  It's nopt that I don't want to; time is limited and I have something pressing to attend to right now.
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

On 14.10.2016, at 19:00, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 1:04 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 13.10.2016, at 09:55, Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > there are currently quite a few open pull requests on GitHub. It's absolutely great that the move to GitHub has really made it easier to contribute, but of course we also need to actually review and merge them at some point. The oldest PR is older than a month and there were only few comments on all of them in general.
> > So when you have some time, maybe have a look at:
> > https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pulls
>
> +1
>
> Best regards
>         -Tobias
>
> I am responding to pull requests I feel confident in reviewing.  But I don't want to be in a position where I approve them all.  I hope those that consider themselves experienced will pitch in
> and review and approve (or reject) pull requests.  Don't be afraid.  A source control system allows us to undo our mistakes ;-)

Great, we'll do that :)