A Genetic Algorithms Framework for Pharo

1 message Options

A Genetic Algorithms Framework for Pharo

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi,

I just implemented (the kernel of) a Framework for genetic algorithms (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_algorithm) in Pharo.
Some of you could be dealing with optimisation problems. So maybe it could be useful for you.

I implemented some basic functionalities : monoobjecitve, multi objective, a crossover and mutation operators, uniform selection... I also implemented some basic exemples ( mono/multi knapsack and travelling salesman)
I still need to provide some documentation but there are lot of tests so it is easy to see how it works. I will add more operators from time to time.

The code is intended to be as easy to reuse as possible. It is on Smalltalkhub : http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Alidra/GeneticAlgorithmsFramework/
Please take a look and tell me what you think. I will be pleased to help if you think the Framework can apply to your problem. just let me know :)

Abdelghani