A Simple Pharo Twitter Client (using OAuth)

A Simple Pharo Twitter Client (using OAuth)

Felipe Bañados Schwerter
Hi everyone!
Last night I finished building  a simple twitter client for pharo that works with OAuth.

You need to install first CloudFork SSO as seen on http://blog.doit.st/2011/02/23/cloudforksso-on-pharo-with-stunnel/ . Configuring stunnel (to use https) on a linux system correctly was the tricky part!.

After that, you can install the Twitter package available on the following Metacello HTTP repository:

When it is installed, Metacello will call "Twitter initialize", which will force you to Authorize your twitter account with OAuth. You need to copy the URL given to a browser, and, when it ask you to, you insert the pin that twitter gives you back into the application.

Afterwards, you can tweet with

Twitter tweet:'Hello world!'.

And check your timeline with Twitter timeline

For each TwitterStatus, if you want to retweet it, you can send it the #retweet message.

Cheers!

(thanks Daniel (@lemuus) for the repository!)

--
Felipe Bañados Schwerter
Estudiante de Ingeniería Civil en Computación
http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~fbanados
Universidad de Chile

Re: A Simple Pharo Twitter Client (using OAuth)

abergel
Yeah!!! You rock!

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu