A challenge for all who cares

12

Re: A challenge for all who cares

Guido Stepken

Am 20.02.2012 23:21 schrieb "Frank Shearar" <[hidden email]>:

> > Thank you, indirectly admitting, that there must be such a tool. ;-)
> >
> > Think!
>
> Sure. Given a decent statically typed language you can completely
> avoid the null problem, at least if you leave out input, which is what
> Igor's hinting at in his reply to me.
>
> And as soon as you allow arbitrary input, you're hosed. That is, you
> run smack into the entscheidungsproblem.

Any Entscheidungsproblem *is* a permutation problem, of course!

Again, ensure quality! I don't want no more errors! Especially when i simply click menus, and also when a image is simply stripped and obviously a package missing!

Don't argue, develop the development process!!!

Again! Don't type in nothing, that *is* not tested. If you remove code, write a tool, that ensures, that it can be removed without running into troubles!!!

Tnx 4 understanding, Guido Stepken

Re: A challenge for all who cares

Nicolas Cellier
Le 20 février 2012 23:06, Guido Stepken <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Am 20.02.2012 21:30, schrieb Nicolas Cellier:
>
>> What, what, the right development process wouldn't solve such a
>> trivial problem ?
>> Guido, try to inspect yourself with all your introspection tools and
>> development process know how, because I have the feeling that despite
>> the many answers you got, you still face a message not understood
>> problem ;)
>>
>> Nicolas
>

> Nicolas, i *know*, there must be a solution! Cannot be, that i klick into a
> menu and *directly* run into error messages.
>
> Think!
>
> Develop the development process! Don't argue!
>
> tnx, Guido Stepken

Guido, you take a bug in a hacked Cuis image to demonstrate that Pharo
development process is wrong...
So how could I possibly argue if you don't use logic.

That's a pity, because for once we had something pretty close to a
true bug report...
but the bug doesn't even show in a Cuis image, I just took my not so
precious time to check.

That doesn't matter because I have no doubt that you are not
interested at all in bug reporting/fixing.
When I unwind your long stack of message sends, I see the same good
political slogan, develop the development process.
Well very nice, you found yourself initiated with higher level
functions, but beware, in Haskell like in Guido, there is no way to
detect an infinite recursion, even if we seriously suspect one.

Nicolas

Re: A challenge for all who cares

Guido Stepken

Nicolas, i *only* complain *systematic* bugs, that *can* be avoided!

See the difference to *occationally occurring* bugs!!!!

tnx 4 understanding,

Guido Stepken

Re: A challenge for all who cares

Igor Stasenko
On 20 February 2012 23:55, Nicolas Cellier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 20 février 2012 23:06, Guido Stepken <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> Am 20.02.2012 21:30, schrieb Nicolas Cellier:
>>
>>> What, what, the right development process wouldn't solve such a
>>> trivial problem ?
>>> Guido, try to inspect yourself with all your introspection tools and
>>> development process know how, because I have the feeling that despite
>>> the many answers you got, you still face a message not understood
>>> problem ;)
>>>
>>> Nicolas
>>

>> Nicolas, i *know*, there must be a solution! Cannot be, that i klick into a
>> menu and *directly* run into error messages.
>>
>> Think!
>>
>> Develop the development process! Don't argue!
>>
>> tnx, Guido Stepken
>>

> Guido, you take a bug in a hacked Cuis image to demonstrate that Pharo
> development process is wrong...
> So how could I possibly argue if you don't use logic.

Because it is much easier to keep saying "you're wrong/you doing it wrong"
than do anything towards fixing it by yourself.

> That's a pity, because for once we had something pretty close to a
> true bug report...
> but the bug doesn't even show in a Cuis image, I just took my not so
> precious time to check.
>
> That doesn't matter because I have no doubt that you are not
> interested at all in bug reporting/fixing.
> When I unwind your long stack of message sends, I see the same good
> political slogan, develop the development process.
> Well very nice, you found yourself initiated with higher level
> functions, but beware, in Haskell like in Guido, there is no way to
> detect an infinite recursion, even if we seriously suspect one.

Can't wait till Guido will start learning quantum mechanics.
I can hear his "you doing it wrong" echoing from future :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: A challenge for all who cares

Guido Stepken

I predicted it!

http://forum.world.st/Hanging-connects-exhausted-resources-memory-leaks-bocked-everything-Unusable-td3669616.html

You want me as experienced software architect and project manager predict more about Pharo's future (or doom), or are you willing to listen and learn?

You will debug Pharo/Squeak until your 90 years old, because you (the Pharo team) is not able to address bugs systematically. This is fact!

Look e.g. at LUAJit. Stable, used by estimated 10 mio users of WORLD OF WARCRAFT, Wikipedia, portable, rockstable.

Pharo???? Unstable, nobody uses it, academic brainfuck. And Dr. Geo will soon be implemented in JavaScript, i think, the better solution, other apps will disappear soon, like CMSBOX, ... doom!

My prediction, if you don't develop the development process any further!!!

tnx 4 understanding,

Guido Stepken

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Am 20.02.2012 11:21 schrieb "Edgar J. De Cleene" <[hidden email]>:

> Yesterday in a response to Craig I said have a Cuis with a wiki on top and this .image is 5 mb and run on a “modern” G4 400 mhz PowerMac.
>
> That’s is a beauty and the power of Cuis, thanks Juan for your reduced image of 2 mb
>
> 117.192.108.122
> 178.64.152.244
> 190.18.66.65
> 190.193.183.54
> 190.216.29.120
> 190.99.158.210
> 201.212.74.182
> 201.252.254.21
> 64.151.43.167
> 76.110.216.6
> 76.15.23.5
> 76.68.49.175
> 86.42.80.90
> 88.161.169.54
> 92.225.135.195
> 93.38.215.238
>
> This was the captured Ip, ranging from Atlanta, Paris,Milano, St Petersbourg, Hamburg, Sunchales, Buenos Aires .
>
> Off course some have halts as all is towards to alpha real soon now :=)
>
> In the process I fix some errors of the wiki, discover Cuis do not know how import Morph and must to do a mix between Juan code which is superior and old Squeak code just for compatibility.
> Lo lamento Juan por ensuciar el Cuis.
>
> So the challenge is:
>
> Taking http://ftp.squeak.org/various_images/SqueakLight/Cuis3.1r.4.zip as target we could build it from Spoon ?
> And add the best of Pharo, Squeak, whatever (external JavaScript) for having a killer system which document to self like Cuis3.1r.11.image running today on http://201.212.74.182:8086/

For the inperienced: Could you please explain, howto activate the wiki on Port 8086 and explain, what it maybe useful for?

tnx in advance, Guido Stepken

Re: A challenge for all who cares

Edgar De Cleene

On 2/20/12 10:58 PM, "Guido Stepken" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For the inperienced: Could you please explain, howto activate the wiki on Port
> 8086 and explain, what it maybe useful for?
>
> tnx in advance, Guido Stepken

to be a virtual Bar and Café where nobody rules and all could talk about
all.

We exchange war tales, recipes, complain about bad government, etc.

And off course talk about Squeak , Pharo, etc.

I have a modest LAN with assorted old and new computers , which use for all
kind of experiments.

So the entry gate is www.squeakros.org, witch redirects to here.

If in www.squeakros.org you do not see the yellow and blue counter (which is
a old LedMorph rendered to page) means no computer here is on.

All is experimental ....

The links in green should work (mostly)

The :8086 port connect you with a Cuis3.1r.11.image

This image runs a fake swiki where I put all related to Cuis and
HVNaughtieWiki.

As you know, the original swiki is Squeak 3.7 and I do not know of any more
modern.

So I decide make a HV2 enhanced version of it, download the real
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak files and make objects of any .html

The downloaded was 103 Mb.
The first .obj was 24 Mb.
And now is 13 Mb.

In the :8085 you could see the fake Squeak swiki which I synchronize not to
often,
The .image which runs is modified Squeak 4.3

So for what I use the wiki ?

For lousy in house Spanish documentation about things I made.
For learn how to made the swiki.
For learn how the almost same code runs in Squeak, Pharo, Cuis and derivates
of each
For learn how the .obj could be exchanged between all

I hope this explain all and you was welcomed in SqueakRos.

Also I could send a user / password and you could make your own lousy docs.

Cheers

Edgar

On 21 February 2012 02:40, Guido Stepken <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I predicted it!

Predicted what?
That you will repeat same things which you said half year ago?

Again, Guido, why you think you are the only one who knows about
issues on which you constantly pointing out?
I knew about this stuff long ago (in 2007), when i first met squeak.
Pharo didn't even existed at that time.
Now you think that all bad things are magically disappear/get fixed
once magnificient Guido will point on them?

I don't want to disappoint you, but some things on the landscape tend
to change slower than you expect.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

The 22.02.2012 00:05 schrieb "Igor Stasenko" <[hidden email][hidden email][hidden email]>:

> On 21 February 2012 02:40, Guido Stepken <[hidden email][hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:
> > I predicted it!
> >
> Predicted what?

Your right, i was reporting facts, some people denied or couldn't understand my input.

> That you will repeat same things which you said half year ago?

I gave some input, that absolutely did not fit into the secret plans of the Pharo initiators, going business (shareholders) with Pharo (Ducasse, Denker, Wysseier, Lienhard et. al)

That perfectly fits to their behaviour.

> Again, Guido, why you think you are the only one who knows about
> issues on which you constantly pointing out?

No. So if everybody *knows*, why some people are calling me a Troll???

> I knew about this stuff long ago (in 2007), when i first met squeak.
> Pharo didn't even existed at that time.
> Now you think that all bad things are magically disappear/get fixed
> once magnificient Guido will point on them?

I am a process wizard, i am *very* interested in seeing Pharo becoming a *very successfull* product! :-)

Have fun!

Guido Stepken

12