A comprehensive introduction

Danny Collins
OK - so I really want to get into Seaside and Smalltalk. but It's been really hard for me to get my head wrapped around the environment, the language and the framework. I was wondering if there was a nice comprehensive (i hate to use this word) introduction, or tutorial that helps to tie it all together?

Just wondering, I'm going to continue to muddle my way through it all - I must admit that it is a lot of fun :)

Danny Collins

Re: A comprehensive introduction

Brad Fuller
Danny Collins wrote:
> OK - so I really want to get into Seaside and Smalltalk. but It's been
> really hard for me to get my head wrapped around the environment, the
> language and the framework. I was wondering if there was a nice
> comprehensive (i hate to use this word) introduction, or tutorial that
> helps to tie it all together?
>
> Just wondering, I'm going to continue to muddle my way through it all
> - I must admit that it is a lot of fun :)

There are many good books out. You might look at "Squeak A Quick Trip to
ObjectLand" by Korienek, Wrensch and Dechow. A good intro for beginners
in OO.

Re: A comprehensive introduction

stephane ducasse
Hi danny

I suggest you to read
        Smalltalk by example (available on my web page)
        watch some video.
                - http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/Videos/
                - http://wilkesjoiner.com/UsingSqueak.html