A difficult trippy requirement ...

Dennis smith-4
When inspecting things in a multi-user web app, I have things that
appear in our
domain objects that are specific to the web-session (and are in fact
stored via the web session).

So if john says "customer localAddress" he will see something different
than if bill says the same thing.
This is fine in normal accesses since they occur with the web-session
known (via the Process environment).

However, if I want to open an inspector on a webSession and its data, I
need that inspector's process to have that
info in its environment.

I hacked the doOpen: object  method in InspectorShell to do something like

    app := self new.
    bld := self open.
    bld window windowManager baseProcess environment at: #webSession
put: anObject webSession.
    app inspect: anObject

This actually works.  Anyone else ran into needing Process-env info
while in the inspector??

--
Dennis Smith                        [hidden email]
Cherniak Software Development Corporation       +1 905.771.7011
Thornhill, ON Canada L3T 7N7    http://www.CherniakSoftware.com

RE: A difficult trippy requirement ...

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
I would just add your 'virtual' attributes via #inspectorExtraAttributes,
browse the image for a number of good examples. You just need to implement
that on your Customer class and you're good to go.

Hope this helps,

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322

[...]