A few questions

David Royal
Hello All - I've only recentlyt had a chance to have a good rummage around
D4P and its mighty impressive stuff  .

2 questions -

I've been developing a RichText Editor and have added a fair few loose
methods to various classes and then moved these by hand to the right
package - is there a way of setting a default package for loose methods
similar to setting a default package for new classes?

Also I'm trying to implement the EM_HIDESELECTION message for RTE but this
has not been added to the Win32Constants Dictionary - how do go about this?

Thanks

David

Re: A few questions

Ian Bartholomew
David,

> I've been developing a RichText Editor and have added a fair few loose
> methods to various classes and then moved these by hand to the right
> package - is there a way of setting a default package for loose methods
> similar to setting a default package for new classes?

Not really, although I can see how it would be useful in certain
circumstances. When you save a method you nearly always want to add the
method to it's classes package though and having a mechanism that changes
this behaviour, even optionally, might make it a bit too easy to lose
methods accidentally.

> Also I'm trying to implement the EM_HIDESELECTION message for RTE but this
> has not been added to the Win32Constants Dictionary - how do go about
this?

I normally just use package scripts (preinstall and postuninstall) which
ensure that the constants are added before the methods that need them are
installed.

preinstall
Win32Constants at: 'EM_HIDESELECTION' put: 1087

postuninstall
Win32Constants removeKey: 'EM_HIDESELECTION'

Ian

Re: A few questions

David Royal
Thanks Ian -  for future reference could you tell me where to find the
integers corrosponding to Win32Constants - I can't find them in the SDK or
on MSDN

David

Re: A few questions

Ian Bartholomew
David,

> Thanks Ian -  for future reference could you tell me where to find the
> integers corrosponding to Win32Constants - I can't find them in the SDK or
> on MSDN

I've never been able to find an online source for the constant values. If
anyone knows of one I would be interested.  I would have thought a MS SDK
would have had them though?

If you can afford it then keeping up to date with VC++ or VBasic (?) and
using the files that come with them would be the best way. Initially I got
all the information from the header files that came with development
software I purchased bd (Before Dolphin <g>). These gradually get out of
date so, as I don't often use any other development tools now, I keep my eye
on the cover disks of magazines and when I see they contain the more up to
date tools then I occasionally buy a copy of the magazine. Even if the
software featured is time limited the headers files aren't!!.  I'm currently
using the files from a free copy of Delphi 3 dated 1997, which are usually
good enough. For anything really recent or if all else fails I have, in the
past, asked in the  newsgroup and got the information from some kind person
with the latest MS development tools.

Ian

Re: A few questions

Andy Bower
Ian and David,

I think the Windows Platform SDK will have the header files that you want.
Try:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/portals/mainport.htm

Best Regards

Andy Bower